Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I have two oustanding commitments. I was thinking about a mora 2.0 in cappuccino but recent intel suggests this is no longer an option.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I really like the dark brown shell. I don't see a huge difference between it and the cappuccino. I think a Mora would look great in bark brown or burgundy

3. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Or, possibly the Black Hills (more casual, but also more eyelets, which is nice)...
    [​IMG]
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producti_SF2905_1_40000000001_-1#BVRRWidgetID

Thoughts? Anyone with experience with the Black Hills?

4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Very nice, Ryden! They look great. Congrats.

My Cambridge came with those shoe bags.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

5. jimney

jimney Senior member

How long has it taken folks to hear back about the SF MTO offer from Mr. Grangaard?

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

1-2 days for me but I would imagine experiences vary greatly depending on MrG's schedule.

7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Personally highly recommended that you contact Allison. PM me if you need her contact info, but someone posted it here yesterday. If you give her a call, you will find out immediately where you stand. That is if it is feasible for you to call.

8. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Finally came in. RL slanton and the AE macneil.

[​IMG]

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I think the seconds help out people like me who like shoes, but are in their early 20's and can't afford to throw down a ton of money for a professional wardrobe. I have a bunch of shoes, most of which I've bought on ebay and at thrift/vintage stores. I've realized that this can go way more hit or miss than I like, so I'd rather stick to a brand I respect. If this works out for them and people my age like their stuff, they'll likely create customers for life that will own a couple of pairs of their shoes while potentially getting more 'expensive' tastes in addition. As for me, I like the way shoes look and their color to pair them with things in my wardrobe. I'm not really looking to learn the nitty gritty of shoes and get something bespoke, but I can throw down 200ish bucks for 2-3 pairs of shoes that I really like and plan to keep for the long haul. Then I must pull the plug.

The seconds are really useful for this. And if people like me buy them, then we end up giving AE money instead of buying used shoes. Like I've said before, I bought a used pair of daltons for like 190. I could get seconds for that much recently. I would have done that in a heartbeat!

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

How long has it taken everyone to hear back from Allison? I emailed on Thursday and then followed up with a voicemail on Monday morning. Still nothing. I'm sure she's busy as heck, just wondering...

11. wurger

wurger Senior member

yes, correctly pointed out, selling seconds at a discounted rate for me does not lessen the appeal of the brand, instead I see this as an extremely effective method of moving unwanted stock, and AE is very clear to the point that those are seconds.

As for the AE first sales, as MWS stated, it happens at strategic times of the year for certain styles and lines.

12. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

As to Seconds, your feet are located quite some distance from your eyes, and, as your feet are often moving, it's sometimes difficult to see exactly what's "wrong" with Seconds, unless the Seconds that you get are two left shoes or a walnut shoe and a black shoe or something else obvious like that.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

I thought Seconds constitute more than just some visual imperfections on a pair of shoes.

14. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

Often not. I have 2 pairs of seconds (with a 3rd on the way), and I can find nothing wrong in one and discern a slight gouge near the eyelets of the other. My salesman claims that they often cannot identify the flaws of the 2nds they sell.

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.