Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

Slushy sidewalks, northern winters: Longbranches or Daltons + SWIMS? Will be worn with tweed and elbow patches vice suits.

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    PLAY VIDEO:

[​IMG]

ALLEN EDMONDS - JERMYN

SAVE 45% OFF ($155.00 OFF)

Click Here: www.6pm.com Link

4. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    [​IMG]
    Living in Montana, I chose the Long Branch - even though I like the Dalton.

Firsts are on sale for $221.00 in selected sizes: Click Here

All my best,

David

5. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

David--the link doesn't seem to work. Can you please fix it?

6. shendo

shendo Member

No, it feels fine. Snug but not tight. Nothing pinches or rubs and I can move my toes around. I tried 8D and 7.5E and on both sizes, the sides flared out on the outside ankle. The gap concerned me at first but the shoes felt fine so I went with it. I wore them all last night and this morning and have no blisters or sore spots.

7. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

8. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Kenilworth fits similar to other 5 lasted shoes, but imo, the heel doesn't fit quite the same. It seems higher and a bit wider.

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I was thinking we were discussing the fact that AE's can regularly be had at prices significantly below those listed on their website, including seconds as a major component of that, which is cheapening the brand, but maybe I was mistaken.

The "masses" are obviously increasing rather than decreasing in internet usage, that's no debate. I would certainly agree that average customers giving consideration towards buying AE may certainly visit their website.

However, I don't agree that simply visiting their website will cause anything near a cheapening of the brand because of frequency of sales. They have a few well placed sales at the same time every year, and they always have a clearance section. The sales have a nice attractive cover photo on their homepage. The models that go on sale during their few well placed sales every year are different from sale to sale. If you were a regular, uninformed consumer looking to purchase some first quality AE's, you may need to buy them during that sale (but if you are an uninformed consumer you wouldn't realize that). Otherwise, you may not see them on sale again for over a year, or more.

Their website doesn't mention anything about seconds, or the shoe bank.

From personal experience, the emails are hit or miss with who gets them, which is beyond me. Just like The Shoe Mart's email for Alden seconds, sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't (again that's my experience, but yours may differ). I am signed up for all emails and mail notices, as far as I know. However, it is actually quite common for someone to get on here and mention something they got in the mail regarding a sale, but I didn't get anything in my mail or email. I've even gone back and resigned up to see if it fixed the problem, to no avail. They remain hit or miss.

All this is irrelevant if you feel like their main website has sales occurring too frequently, at their designated annual times. We will just have to agree to disagree on that. I do think that the sheer number of newbies that come into the thread and ask questions about sales, dates, where to find discounts, what the shoe bank is, whether a price is a good deal, etc., is rather solid evidence that the information isn't readily available without actively searching and inquiring.

10. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Thanks. There are a lot of "bowing" complaints on the AS website...

11. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I have 1 pair brown shell and two pairs cappuccino and by far prefer the cappuccino. Just a richer color

12. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Very cool, I am looking forward to seeing how they compare. What edges did you get?

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Received my Dundees today! They were supposed to have a light welt stitch to create a bit more casual look but I was aware of this prior to shipping.

They are a similar makeup to the pair tiffosi got with the difference being mine have a Dainite sole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my 4th pair of AE shell but the first I have seen with these bags

[​IMG]

14. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Boots look great, soooo what's next?

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks! Hopefully a replenishment of my bank account :) although I have a few various pre-orders that I am waiting on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.