Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Well it was fun while it lasted!

I can't complain...I got three pairs!

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Shell Neumok should be great looking!

3. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Does your instep feel constricted at all on your left foot? That gap looks mighty wide to me, especially in comparison to the left.

4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I honestly haven't decided if I'm going to go back and ask for the additional 15% my existing orders. I kinda feel bad. I ordered them and intended to pay for them before I knew about this sale. Moral dilemna...

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I think the shoes simply don't fit on either foot. I have seen more examples than I can count of oxfords splayed open to the max like this. Either I completely misunderstand how such a shoe should fit (maybe a 1/4" gap when new) or they do.

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Well of the masses in question, one might assume that a large portion of them have discovered the internet - and that this portion is increasing rather than decreasing. Of those AE customers using the web, surely a large number of them have discovered the web site. The sales are generally on the home page x% off everything for y reason. Hard to miss. And for those who have signed up for e-mail notifications (again, one would have to think that number to be increasing, not decreasing) they get told. Every time. Hard not to notice.

7. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

I have the Amoks and Snuff Suede Neumoks. The soles of both look like the sole on your lighter pair (exactly like that, actually). And, I personally think that the lighter sole looks better also. From my experience with the Amoks and Neumoks I actually thought that your darker soled pair were seconds.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Take the discount and apply it all to another order...problem solved :)

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I received my walnut Franciscans and bourbon Hanovers today. GREAT!!!

10. jmza2

jmza2 Member

Thanks for the reply. I have other styles of wingtips in my current rotation but not a ton with full brogue which is one of the reasons I like this style.

11. jmza2

jmza2 Member

can you post pics of your Franciscans?

12. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Ideally the gap would close but for high instepped people that may not be possible. Mine spread a good bit but it doesn't bother me

13. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I can confirm that Allison now believes that they are out of Cappuccino Shell. I called last week to order Jefferson's in Cap Shell and had to wait until the prior lot of shoes were cut before she would take my order. I posed the question a month or so ago asking the difference between Brown and Cappuccino a month or so back and got a number of interesting picture responses. My observation was that Cappuccino varies a lot (and certain pieces look very similar to Brown), and I am hoping the wingtip will exhibit those variations nicely.

I was told that my pair was the last that they would take orders on (sorry, not the intent of my purchase). But if someone were to want Cappuccino badly, I would put my name on her list as I suspect they have some contingency pieces in case there are any issues with producing the shoes they have confirmed. Good luck and happy hunting! BTW, they gave me the discount price for the ongoing sale plus the standard waiving the MTO fee for SF members, so I am excited about that.

I really liked the Cap Shell Dundees that I saw posted a week or so ago, so I got the Jefferson in Cappuccino Shell, with a Chili welt and light brown edging. Now just need to wait....

-Mike

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You should go back to the store just to make the guy happy if the cost is the same. It's always nice to have a repeat customer seek you out because you enjoyed their service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.