1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior Member

place my MTO order a month back. Just emailed allison to see whether i could get the RDA sale price. And replied yes. and that she will adjust the price. sweet.

2. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

Did anyone hear the status of cappuccino shell? I emailed Allison this morning about placing an MTO and have not heard back.

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

She must be getting a ton of emails. When I ordered my MTO last week she said they had a bit left. No exact numbers.

4. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior Member

Here is her contact info. Took this from her email signature. [email protected] t +1 262 235-6428 (Mon-Fri 7am-6pm CST)

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Awesome. I might take a break from work to do this tomorrow. I have a couple of pairs of shoes I really like that I'd like to keep in good condition. I think that's a price I can do that for as well!

(I've also learned that there are atleast two pairs of shoes I wish I hadn't bought. They weren't expensive but... Meh.)

Pity trees aren't so easy to find at goodwill haha.

6. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

My black mcallisters have been hurting my toes since I got them. Thought they would break in. Went to the one of the local AE stores and it turns out I'm wearing the wrong size. These are the only 5 last pair that hurt, but I will say I tried on the 8.5E instead of my 9D and they felt way better.

Interesting thing to note, the SA at the 43rd st NYC location told me that AE was going to do away with labeling lasts on their shoes. He mentioned new models will be on new lasts that don't have numbers. Not sure what that means but apparently people were finding sizing inconsistent on the same last due to stitching.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

7. Mulligan142

Mulligan142 Member

If anyone here has put a hold on the last truffle shell cordovan McCallister in 8.5D...please let me know if you decide to not purchase. Been looking around for these the last year.

8. watchidiot

watchidiot Distinguished Member

Is the current AE sale an annual event? Reason I ask is there are a lot styles that Im considering, way more than what my budget would probably allows. Unfortunately pockets aren't bottomless wells...

As i just placed an order for a brown shell jefferson, Im thinking of getting something casual and the neumok at 199 looks tempting. But passing up on 5th ave at 239 is killing me...

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

9. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

The Amok should be $99 no?

10. epc2

epc2 Senior Member

Anybody has a pic of bourbon next to a burnished brown? Trying to decide which color 5th av I'm going to order.

Thanks.

11. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

Yes, it's annual. If memory serves, the prices last year were very similar, if not identical for Fifth Avenue.

12. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

That sounds like a really bad idea...

13. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior Member

Yes, I believe it's an annual sale. However, the shoes that are picked to be more than 15% off are not the same each year.

14. watchidiot

watchidiot Distinguished Member

My apologies I meant Neumok.

15. Beardo

Beardo Member

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

So I can't decide on which sole I like better... What do you guys think? And is this common that the same shoe has different soles?

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.