Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Yup, just called her. She is checking her cappuccino stock today, and will call back later to confirm. But going to go with a pair of brown shell neumoks, with antique double oak soles, split welt, antique stain. God do I wish they would carry natural shell, I would so be getting that. :)

2. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

What are the thought on the Dainite sole? I am thinking of ordering Dainite for the Leeds but the caveat is that AE only has Dainite in black and I do want the sole edge and the welt in chili. Will the black Dainite look a bit awkward?

Also, if someone has Dainite on his shoes, does the heel pad take too much height?

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I know a member has ordered almost that exact make-up on the Dundee. I don't think he has received them yet, though.

4. evolved

evolved Senior member

I just emailed Allison to see if the RDA sale would apply to my MTO order placed last week.....it's doubtful, but here's to hope!

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Hmm. I emailed her on thurs about a cappo shell flatiron and have not heard back.

Can u pls post her direct phone? I'm having trouble tracking it down with thread search.

6. evolved

evolved Senior member

[​IMG]

From Allison re: my cappuccino Macneil MTO order that I placed last week

Quote:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

7. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

What is meant by your use of the word "antique" throughout this post?

Is it a color thing?

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Hmmmm. I have 2 MTO that aren't completed!

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Yep. This...
    [​IMG]

10. evolved

evolved Senior member

It refers to an Alden feature. AE doesn't have an exact match for it, but the edge/welt of the Neumok is pretty close.

11. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Shoe bank has a pair of burgundy cordovan MacNeils in my size. Wish I had the money...

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

And what size would that be???????? :stirpot:

13. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Yeah, antique is what that picture looks like. I might also just go for a natural stain. I don't know what term AE would use for it, but it's like what Rancourt uses to get a light golden hue on theirs.

Now, the question is what sole to get, actually? If there isn't a difference in price, I can't imagine getting anything other than a double JR sole, just because it's the best. But it might be that a thin butyl sole like what the Neumoks usually use will be better aesthetically and for light-weightness. I'm planning on this being a nice no-sock shoe for the spring/summer, as well as a nice, comfortable shoe to be worn in the fall as well with socks. But again, a double JR sole is just the cadillac of soles, if its the same price as a thin sole, I really ought to get it.

14. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

I need some shoe care advice (all calf shoes). Up until now my shoe care has consisted of just putting on some caraunuba wax and brushing it off. Apparently, I'm doing it wrong.

My priorities are (1) longevity of the shoe and (2) maintaining the current color of all shoes. Not too concerned about high shine, I like the way shoes look out of the box.

I checked out AE's shoe care collection and was pretty overwhelmed - there's wax, shoe cream, cleaner/conditioner, lotion, premium shoe polish, saddle soap etc etc. Which products should I use? Some of the conditioner reviews said that it changed shoe colors so that scares me a bit. I know I need something to moisturize the leather, though, so I'm not sure what I need on that front. To maintain color and clean up scuffs and whatnot do I want the premium shoe polish or something else? Is the caraunuba wax worth using?

Thanks!

15. SBear

SBear Senior member

jungleroller, Looks like a pic of those in the wild was posted on the Rock your socks and hoe combos thread by mimo 11 hrs go. Not for me but entertaining to look at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.