Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Thanks, appreciate it.
    Oh my gawd. I paid like 220 for a pair of used daltons and you can get them for 200 as new seconds? Drool...
    How do you get a list of shoes/prices for the rediscover america sale? I already own chestnut daltons, but might be looking for a pair of black boots as well.

I really like the boots after I've broken them in!

I haven't worn mine with a suit yet, but I think this would depend on how big your calves/legs are. If you're wearing a slimmer fitting suit and it seems to expand at the top of the boot, then yes it would look strange. However, if they fit your legs well and don't cause the suit pants to bunch up or such, then I think it'd look pretty damn good.

2. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior member

Hi, how close in color are cappucino cordovans to dark brown? I'm thinking of calling in some cappucino cordovans to allison as my second pair of dress shoes, my first ones being dark brown allen edmonds. Are they too close in color? Any input will be appreciated because I want to phone this in asap. I like burgundy but I feel like they were meant for a more dressy or mature audience and I don't think I will wear black much because my wardrobe is slim fit chino oriented.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

3. chief41

chief41 Member

If i want dalton seconds @ 199$, I should be calling jeffersonville outlet tomorrow morning and placing order? Or is there somewhere else more appopriate (live in NY).

I was originally going to just by the daltons at 15% off but if can get them for 199.....

4. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Theres an AE outlet out on Long Island. But I think calling Jeffersonville first thing tomorrow would be best.

5. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Any of you guys have a pair of Burgundy/Merlot McAllisters that have been treated with AE's polish or wax?

Just got a pair of BB seconds and need to add a little more color to them… what to do it the best possible way.

Thanks.

6. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

7. delmar

delmar Senior member

I watched the premiere of the new CBS TV show Hostages last night and in the show an FBI agent shot a guy for wearing boots with a suit. So, I'm with you--bad idea.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I would go Shell as well. My Walnut Shell Strands are my favorite shoes. I might add a Brown also.

-Mike

9. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Those are great!

10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

12. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Email or call an outlet in the morning. I was just told the Kenilworth seconds will be $179 and the players shoe I don't remember exactly but it was around $151. I'm going to grab a full list tomorrow.

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I just grabbed two pairs of Daltons in walnut and dark chocolate, someone locally was selling them both a for only $180. The walnut was even only worn once.

The issue is that I normally wear an 8.5D in my McAllister but the Daltons were a 9E, I couldn't pass up the deal and they fit decent enough but I was wondering if anyone knows of a high quality insole or another way to fill a bit of room in the shoe? I almost would feel bad putting an insole over the high quality leather insole it comes with.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

14. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yeah I tend to agree, theres some pics around where they go quite well with suits but I find the fifth streets go hand in hand much better

15. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I have swatches of both, so I will go ahead and take a picture sometime tomorrow. Cappuccino is much darker and saturated compare to dark brown. As far as I am concerned, they don't look very similar. If you want a cappuccino MTO, call Allison first thing in the morning. I was informed last week that they practically ran out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.