• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

A quick correction. They are actually 42 cent a pair. I just added to pairs to my card and shipping USPS first class was another 15 cent. Less than a buck for two pairs delivered to your door is a pretty good deal!

Thanks for the recommendation! Just picked up a pair for .99.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the Leeds fit relative to the 5 last? If I fit 10.5 3e in mctavish, etc, should I stick with that for Leeds or size up?

tietherope

Reaction score

I went into the local AE store today to try-on and order a pair of the Web Gem shell Jeffersons today. The standard calfskin Jefferson looked and felt pretty good, so hopefully the shell version is about the same in feel. It should look pretty smashing. I think I'm going to need to be done with buying shoes for a very long while after this pair (I also have another pair of shoes on order that may arrive at about the same time as the shell Jeffersons)...

So, did anyone else pull the trigger on the the brown shell Web Gems? Didn't seem like very many here went for this round of Web Gems. I guess the Jefferson might be the only worthwhile pair from this round though.

BTW, the Minneapolis store have already started the Rediscover America sale today. All AE branded items are at least 15% off, with some featured items at a greater discount. Picked up a football leather belt while I was there.

I'm still on the fence with the Jefferson and time is running out to decide. I may just stick to calfskin for now and save some money as I also want to pickup the brown shell Strand during the RDA sale. For curiosity sake, what size were you compared to other 5 last shoes?

On another note, I received a seconds list today and everything Brooks Brothers is listed as closeout whereas before it wasn't. Any specific reason for this? They are still being made?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
^I ordered the same size as my other 5 lasted shoes. The calfskin Jefferson felt pretty much the same as my spiaggias that Inwore to the store.

robinkafa

Reaction score
I don't think you will win over any "hard-boiled" AE haters. They are very set in their ways .
7.gif

Last edited:

AdamAdam

Reaction score
I'm looking to have some recessed toe taps like these (hard plastic or metal):

put onto a few of my leather-soled AE shoes. Is it too late to put on these guys? I've worn them maybe three times.

Can anyone recommend a reliable cobbler in the Boston/Cambridge or Providence area that may do this kind of work? I'm in NYC here and there for work so I know I can always use B. Nelson but thought it'd be easier to take to someone local.

Thanks!

cincikid

Reaction score
I wonder why does this thread grow exponentially Monday to Friday and adds a one humble page Saturday to Sunday?

mikeharo

Reaction score
I'm still debating on the brown shell webgems.......need to decide soon

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details on the sale that starts tomorrow? Especially interested about what the seconds prices will be. Thanks!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
Details on the sale that starts tomorrow? Especially interested about what the seconds prices will be. Thanks!

I got a flier at home. Flatiron, kennilworth, Franciscan, dalton, larchmont, and others will be under 2 bills. Will post a scan later today!

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys have a link for proper shoe care? I don't necessarily want to polish the shoes, but I want to make sure I can do something to keep the leather supple, the shoes clean and free of dirt so I don't cause rips, and cover up scratches etc at the toe.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads