1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

I had squeaking in mine for a few wears... not noticeable by anyone other than myself, but after no more than 6 hours of wearing them ITW all is well. I really like them a lot!

2. chinngiskhaan

ummmmmm... if they had good customer service, you'd think they would have caught it BEFORE they sent you the shoe... just sayin...

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

never confuse quality control with customer service :)

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I used the AE conditioner cleaner. I think you would get the same result with Reno or VSC, but can't vouch for that since I haven't tried it yet.

Finished the toe with a bit of neutral kiwi just to give it a slight sheen.

5. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Shell Townley Monday.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. chinngiskhaan

I can't tell if you are serious or joking... so at the risk of being the butt of this joke I post the following:

Isn't quality control part of customer service? I mean, I get that they are different departments of the company, but generally speaking doesn't good quality control have a lot to do with having good customer service?

for example: when I go to a restaurant and my food comes out cold, or missing something I can tell the waiter/waitress and it's certainly nice of them to take it back and re-do my order, but it would sure as heck be better if they had just gotten it right the first time.

I'm not complaining about AE. I've never had any of these issue... but don't you think it's a tad excessive to praise a company for fixing their own mistake? What has our world come to when people/companies fixing their own mistakes is a pleasant surprise to the one on the receiving end of the mistake?

3 people like this.
  7. MrHappyHappy

MrHappyHappy Member

Couldn't choose a boot brand or style so decided to try them all… This is what I call a leather addiction! LOL!

[​IMG]

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I was being serious in that I do not deem customer service and quality control as the same. My expectations for quality control go down the more produced something is....so while AE has this small feel to them they do produce a ton of shoes - They are everywhere from discount retailers to online to mall stores. So I do not expect every stitch to be perfect nor every lace that is three inches shorter to be noticed. AE is priced accordingly to their production volume and seems to do their best to ensure that their customer service compensates for the mild inconvenience of a some quality control issues slipping through.

That is just my feeling and certainly understand the flip side of the coin.

9. chinngiskhaan

I don't disagree with anything here. I'm not anal about my shoes, I don't send them back unless there is a serious and obvious defect.

I have no problem with AE whatsoever (other than the website photo thing, but that is a problem that lots of websites have).

10. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

:uhoh:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  12. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Good thing I posted a link.

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

While we're asking Paul to bring back the Eagle County, we should really ask him to bring the Townley back as well!

1 person likes this.
  14. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

MTO Burgundy Shell Franciscans today.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. AndrewN

AndrewN Active Member

Does anyone know if the shoe bank is having any upcoming sales? I'm kicking myself for not getting calf patriots for $140. Thanks!

16. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Gorgeous makeup!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  17. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I am about to place an order for an MTO MacNeil and I wonder what do you folks think of the following design?

1. Golden brown CXL with tan stitching (similar to the Rush Street)
    2. Natural split reverse welt (with wheeling) and natural sole edge
    3. Red Dainite sole with the natural midsole
    4. Brass eyelets (can't really decide whether I want to go with or without the metal eyelets)
    5. Independence lining.

What would be the alternatives to the CXL for the casual longwing? I also thought of Dublin but it appears more distressed than CXL. If someone has seen AE (Horween) Natural and Golden Brown CXL in flash, could you comment on which one you think might work better for a longwing?

18. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I love this make up! Between CXL and Dublin, I'll go for CXL. I might be biased though as I have the exact make up in discussion with Allison. Only pending spec is the choice of uppers, golden brown CXL vs waxy tan saddle (eg. Elgin). I'm still waiting for leather swatches to make final decision.

2 people like this.
  19. BCer

BCer Senior member

You mean like these Elgins?
    [​IMG]

20. WTGuthrie

WTGuthrie Member

Hey - I'm new to the deals via the shoebank. How do you find out about their sales/promotions? I've emailed and received their inventory list but not sure how to find out about any other promotions. Is that in addition to their inventory list or just the pricing listed there? Thanks for any help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.