1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

From eBay experience, that might be a tad high to get them to sell quickly. There are typically plenty of PA's all over ebay to compete with. I would probably list them at $175 OBO and see what comes your way.

1 person likes this.
  2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

If I were to guess, I would say under $100. I don't think anybody cares whether it's first or second quality after wearing the shoe. Park avenues go as low as $230 for first-quality and $200 for second-quality, so I highly doubt you can sell it for $170 as a used item.

3. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Amazing collection...compliments

4. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

Argh!!!!

5. puckbw11

puckbw11 Well-Known Member

The welt is brown not chili. Though it does kinda look like the Chili welt in the pics.
    [​IMG]

6. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

I forgot all about the best offer option. I did exactly that.

7. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I bought the snuff amoks during the clearance sale for about $130, but wasn't sure if I should return it and consider Alden's version. It's going to be around 2 to 3 times the price of my amoks, but I was wondering whether there's a significant step-up in quality to warrant the premium. For transparency, I'll post a similar question in the Alden thread.

8. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Looking to pick up a set of these. AE Shoe Bank is that just their factory outlet stores? Can I call and order them?

9. luv2breformed

I did the same and as long as they fit I will certainly be keeping them. Given suede's inherently shorter life span than calf, I think it makes sense to go "cheap" on it if you know what I mean. Additionally, I can hardly imagine what sorts of quality improvements would justify 300% markup on a chukka, diminishing returns being what they are. YMMV.

1 person likes this.
  10. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Can anyone comment on my Mojave Chukkas I got in from the clearance sale? There is so much inconsistency in the nap of the suede. No matter how much I brush I can't get an even consistency. Is unlined suede supposed to be like this because my suede Strands have a very consistent nap all around on both shoes. I'm most likely going to return due to the inconsistency and the mark on the right shoe but just wanted some opinions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I picked up the amok's as well. I've looked into the Alden, but never seriously looked into them due to the huge price difference even when considering regular priced items. When you consider that the Amok's sold for about $117.00 if you got the extra 20% off discount, it would be outrageous to purchase a pair of alden's at like $450.00, $475.00, plus taxes and maybe shipping. But, if money is no object then go for what you prefer. Both are US made, the Alden may arguably be more visually appealing, and apparently a superior comfort level. But there's no way that would amount to the price difference. You could have purchased almost four pairs for the price of one, had you jumped on that. As another posted stated, suede's life span can be shorter than calf, therefore it makes even less sense to invest in an Alden vs AE in this situation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  12. luv2breformed

I see nothing here that would make me return these. Nap looks fine to me and scuff is very small and unnoticeable imo. YMMV.

2 people like this.
  13. luv2breformed

What is this extra 20% you refer to?

14. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Someone was recently asking about chocolate Dalton pictures. Check out hespokestyle.com and thumb through several of his blog posts. He wears them many times with different looks. I have a pair myself and think they're fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  15. evolved

evolved Senior member

Have you owned suede shoes like these before? Suede, from what my experience has been, is inconsistent by it's very nature. Throw in the fact that you'll be wearing these outside, presumably, and they are going to get somewhat marked up and have inconsistencies.

1 person likes this.
  16. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

My second pair of suede behind my suede strands but my strands aren't like this so was just wondering.

17. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Wow, I really want this configuration. Eagle county is such a beautiful shoe. I wonder why they discontinued it and I wish we could still MTO these babies.

18. puckbw11

puckbw11 Well-Known Member

Well I am selling mine, PM me with your size.

19. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Well, as many have said before "some lasts just dont fit." As is the case with the Dalton.

11D, too tight.
    11E, too loose.
    10.5E, too tight.

It's a shame as I need a dress boot.

Any suggestions? Would 10.5EEE be too loose?

20. StyleNovice6

StyleNovice6 Active Member

Will there be a 2 for $250 seconds sale within the next couple months?

also, if there is, would I be able to order the shoes via the website or calling stores? Nearest AE store is 180miles away :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.