Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intent

intent Senior member

I have the Park Avenue, McClain (brown and beige spectator), Jackson, and Capri. I get tons of compliments for the Capri. Got it for around $70 at Nordstrom Rack, and made in Italy! [​IMG]

2. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Looks like a lot of new models are on the same last as the AE Bel Air...........it's definitely a step in the right direction. I'd consider buying a pair at steep discount ($150-$190)

3. shiftless_bum

shiftless_bum Senior member

I have a pair of black Brantleys that I got on ebay recently. One of my favourites at the moment

[​IMG]

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

What can I say? I've got 42 pairs of A-Es. The vast majority of these are seconds, often closeouts, purchased for $129 or sometimes less. As far as I am concerned, no shoes come close to A-E for a consistent quality/price/value ratio. I see a lot of more expensive shoes in places like Beverly Hills, South Coast Plaza or Fashion Island, but none of them are such as to make me feel rueful that I have got A-Es instead of the much more expensive items.

5. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

What can I say? I've got 42 pairs of A-Es. The vast majority of these are seconds, often closeouts, purchased for $129 or sometimes less. As far as I am concerned, no shoes come close to A-E for a consistent quality/price/value ratio. I see a lot of more expensive shoes in places like Beverly Hills, South Coast Plaza or Fashion Island, but none of them are such as to make me feel rueful that I have got A-Es instead of the much more expensive items.

I notice you did not have comfort listed in the bolded sentence. The McAllister shoes I recently purchased are by far the most uncomfortable shoe I have had. The only thing comfortable about them was the price.

I guess I am a little behind on my AE knowledge, but this black inner sole is not comfortable.

6. meister

meister Senior member

I have had a few pairs of AEs and find them very comfortble for the Aussie (thong wearing) foot. I have a pair of brown mesh Lauderdales which get a lot of work in the Aussie summer for parties etc and get the compliments.

7. wgiceman

wgiceman Senior member

I have a pair of black Brantleys that I got on ebay recently. One of my favourites at the moment

[​IMG]

I actually bid on these. Since I did not win them, I am glad that a fellow forum member won them.

8. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

9. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

my collection
    at 24 years old i hope i can be wearing most of these well into my life
    Back Row (L-R): Alfred Sargent for Peal & Co. - Allen Edmonds Redding - Loake Kempton
    Front Row (L-R): Allen Edmonds Stratton - Allen Edmonds Hale - Allen Edmonds Redding - Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The AE Stratton semi brogue looks very nice. The AE site advertises a new 270 welt construction on some of their shoes.

10. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

My first AE was the Strand in Chestnut, which I really like. Since then, I've added four pairs, paying about $130 for each. I'd love to be able to be able to step up to C&J, Alden and above, but I really like the AEs that I have now, and I'll probably continue adding to that collection.

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i have no problems with AE's but i only go with the sleeker models as pictured above...

12. Doral

Doral Senior member

Allen Edmond Randolph in Shell Cordovan and Mavlern Suede I get a lot of wear out of the Randolphs. [​IMG] MaClain [​IMG] [​IMG] Weybridge [​IMG]

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The top 5 AE shoes are:

1) Mora
    2) Mora
    3) Mora
    4) Mora
    5) Mora

14. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

what were you wearing before?

KMart shoes... little did I know. [​IMG]

15. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

A listing of my AE 'army' to date:
    • Bradley (Chili)
    • Bradley (Black)
    • Woodstock (2 tone)
    • Kingsley (Mirror Black)
    • Mora (Black)
    • Mora (Brown)
    • Birmingham (Black)
    • Walton (Black)
    • Denton (Chili)
    • Wingham (Black)
    • Bel Air (Walnut)
    • MacNeil (Pebbled Black)
    • Grayson (Black)
    • Ashton (Chili)
    • Lloyd (Pebbled Cognac)
    • Taunton (Brown Suede)
    I (at 200lbs) am on my feet for about 2/3 of the day and all of my AE's are very comfortable. None of my AE's see bad weather (except the rubber soled Ashtons) and all are a joy to wear. Cheers to the AE lovers! Share your lists & photos if you can. I'll post some pics later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.