1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meister

meister Senior member

I have had a few pairs of AEs and find them very comfortble for the Aussie (thong wearing) foot. I have a pair of brown mesh Lauderdales which get a lot of work in the Aussie summer for parties etc and get the compliments.

2. wgiceman

wgiceman Senior member

I have a pair of black Brantleys that I got on ebay recently. One of my favourites at the moment

[​IMG]

I actually bid on these. Since I did not win them, I am glad that a fellow forum member won them.

3. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

4. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

my collection
    at 24 years old i hope i can be wearing most of these well into my life
    Back Row (L-R): Alfred Sargent for Peal & Co. - Allen Edmonds Redding - Loake Kempton
    Front Row (L-R): Allen Edmonds Stratton - Allen Edmonds Hale - Allen Edmonds Redding - Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The AE Stratton semi brogue looks very nice. The AE site advertises a new 270 welt construction on some of their shoes.

2 people like this.
  5. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

My first AE was the Strand in Chestnut, which I really like. Since then, I've added four pairs, paying about $130 for each. I'd love to be able to be able to step up to C&J, Alden and above, but I really like the AEs that I have now, and I'll probably continue adding to that collection.

6. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i have no problems with AE's but i only go with the sleeker models as pictured above...

7. Doral

Doral Senior member

Allen Edmond Randolph in Shell Cordovan and Mavlern Suede I get a lot of wear out of the Randolphs. [​IMG] MaClain [​IMG] [​IMG] Weybridge [​IMG]

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The top 5 AE shoes are:

1) Mora
    2) Mora
    3) Mora
    4) Mora
    5) Mora

9. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

what were you wearing before?

KMart shoes... little did I know. [​IMG]

10. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

A listing of my AE 'army' to date:
    • Bradley (Chili)
    • Bradley (Black)
    • Woodstock (2 tone)
    • Kingsley (Mirror Black)
    • Mora (Black)
    • Mora (Brown)
    • Birmingham (Black)
    • Walton (Black)
    • Denton (Chili)
    • Wingham (Black)
    • Bel Air (Walnut)
    • MacNeil (Pebbled Black)
    • Grayson (Black)
    • Ashton (Chili)
    • Lloyd (Pebbled Cognac)
    • Taunton (Brown Suede)
    I (at 200lbs) am on my feet for about 2/3 of the day and all of my AE's are very comfortable. None of my AE's see bad weather (except the rubber soled Ashtons) and all are a joy to wear. Cheers to the AE lovers! Share your lists & photos if you can. I'll post some pics later.

11. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

With respect to the rich boys here, this thread is for the rest of us, to also enjoy our shoes too.
    As most men in North America (if not the world) cannot afford to buy Alden and up,
    we do have our own 'High End' shoe options; that being primarily Allen Edmonds.

Welcome, Cruiser! I wondered when you'd start posting over here!

You know that, for the same money, you could have gotten a pair of bespoke Lobb St. James, right? -- Two pair, given the current sale.

12. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

PSA: If you have access to aafes Allen Edmonds can be purchased quite cheap with coupons or special orders.

That said I started with the Park Avenue and Hale and have now graduated to Alden. Still, they are wonderful shoes.

13. youngScholar

youngScholar Senior member

Those vintage cordovan wingtips are incredible. [​IMG]

What I'd really like to see from AE is a high-end boot comparable to Alden's Indy Boot. That includes an option to use cordovan leather.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

how do you store 42 pairs of AE shoes? you need a separate bedroom for just that.

and how does your wife respond when she passes by? closes her eyes and shakes her head?

15. youngScholar

youngScholar Senior member

how do you store 42 pairs of AE shoes? you need a separate bedroom for just that.

and how does your wife respond when she passes by? closes her eyes and shakes her head?

She thinks to herself how lucky she is that this particular leather fetish doesn't involve whips and chains.[​IMG]

16. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

She thinks to herself how lucky she is that this particular leather fetish doesn't involve whips and chains.[​IMG]
    ^^Woulda been a better investment IMO.

17. meister

meister Senior member

[​IMG]
    ^^Woulda been a better investment IMO.

[​IMG] now back to 77 Sunset Strip...and the discussion of AEs

18. Mr.Sam

Mr.Sam Senior member

[​IMG]

Got these in the mail today. So far so good.

19. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

^ I am going to guess a size 6, maybe 6.5. Nice choice btw.

20. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

You know that, for the same money, you could have gotten a pair of bespoke Lobb St. James, right? -- Two pair, given the current sale.

I know, and would I have gotten the wardrobe flexibility that I have with my A-Es? Would the solitary pair (or two) of Lobb St. James last longer than a rotation of 42pairs of A-Es? Would they be equally suitable for going to a funeral, taking a six-mile walk and mucking about in the yard? And, most tellingly, how many people, really, would notice the subtle differences between the Lobb St. James shoes and a similar pair of A-Es?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.