1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

The incorrect sizing was from Nordstrom's. The most recent of those Nordstrom purchases I did take back and demand a full refund after getting correctly sized at an AE store. I received a. $295 refund. The rest I did not bother bother because they were several years old and did get good use. However it does go to show that regardless of Nordstrom's reputation for service, they had no problem sizing me incorrectly in order to get a sale ( my local store only carried D-widths and resorted to sizing me up in length in order to get the width right). I relied on their sizing to order shoes from the Shoebank, amazon, and even from my local AE store over the phone before I visited them and got sized correctly.

2. captstatic

captstatic Member

They are lined on the inside. I am not sure how well they breathe. The AE store manager did relate the mesh does breathe better, which is why they consider it a good seasonal shoe for warm weather. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have an answer to this question? Thanks!

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Calling shoe bank or wherever you returned them to will be fastest. Usually takes me 2-3 weeks rafter they arrive to get refunded

5. Rookie428

Rookie428 Member

Tips on what color polish to use on Carson City cayenne leather? Thanks in advance.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

My Carson Cities are a rough unfinished leather, zero shine - not sure if yours are the same - I just sprayed some water proof spray on them. Now that I have an arsenal of oils, lotions and rubs, I will look into seeing what the next level of protection is.

7. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

very nicely done! you've just made getting addicted to AE MTO's that much easier!

AE should pay you for that thread... you just made them a ton of money!

8. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Mike, I am personally tapped out on new AEs for a while, but I just want to give my thanks and congratulations on that thread. It's extremely useful and user friendly and I think takes a lot of the unknown out of all the options for folks that are new. Plus, hopefully it cuts down on the questions to Allison as an added bonus. Well done!!

9. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Mike-Thanks for getting the thread started. I think it's a good idea for a few of us to put the link to the thread in our signature as people will probably don't search for the thread and keep asking for MTO info.

10. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Well-Known Member

I just got a pair of the Malvern chukka boot. In the 5 last I wear an 11.5D. Based on reviews I ordered this boot in an 11.5E. The width feels fine in the forefoot--my feet are snug but still have room to move.

My question is about the fit in the heel. They feel a bit loose unless I lace them extremely tight and really push back against the back of the boot. They fit securely then. Does this sound like a) matter of the width being wider than normal b) a bad fit and therefore makes these a no-go c) something than can be remedied with an insert of some kind? They are sold out in 11.5D. I'm not used to wearing a chukka like this and so I'm not sure whether this is a significant issue or not.

Thanks!

11. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Navy Nuemoks--can I wear these with jeans? or is it too much blue?

12. BCer

BCer Senior member

I wear mine with bluejeans and with blue chinos all the time. Get compliments!

13. BolognaFingers

Do you have a pic? I've searched long and wide and can only find pics with the olive ones and jeans. Thanks.

14. BCer

BCer Senior member

[​IMG]

They have a bit of a shine to them amazingly, and that is with zero polish. I have used saphir Reno on them probably a year ago to moisturize them, and now all I do is brush them before and after wearing. I love these shoes and they fit and feel like slippers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. BolognaFingers

16. althanis

althanis Senior member

Chiming in a little late here, but this thread moves so fast.

For about a year now I've been using a shoehorn I got from Kent Wang. I figured if I'm spending hundreds of dollars on shoes, spending $35 on a nice shoehorn made out of genuine horn is worth it.

It doesn't work any better, but it gives me a little pleasure every morning when I use it.

17. BCer

BCer Senior member

Different lighting...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Xchange

Xchange Active Member

Hi,

I'm very new to this forum, i started to read this thread last week as i did some search for the quality of Cole Haan Shoes... everybody suggest to leave them appart and grab some AE over for the quality.

So last week i look at the clearance items on AE Online I ordered a pair of Kenwood Loaffer at very good price (195..117$) but i'm not sure what to expect...

I'm suspecting they are refurbish shoes... it is correct or usually it's clearly indicated on the website when we order them?

Many thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  19. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:If you bought it from the AE website, they're first quality. The shoe bank sells second quality, but there's currently no online platform to view inventory and process payment information. But to reiterate, if you have purchased the laofers from AE's main site, then it's defintely first quality.

20. Xchange

Xchange Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.