1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

[​IMG]
    I snapped this shot yesterday. I had many compliments on these. I used VSC on the before wearing. This morning after a day in the wild I polished them with a neutral wax polish, really made the shine. Here they are today.
    [​IMG]
    I will conservatively use VSC on the wrinkles so the neutral polish does not appear in that milky color.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That's hilarious!

3. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Any suggestions on how to relieve the large amount of squeaking noise that is coming from my Daltons? I have tried three different pairs and they all squeak while I walk, like the leather is rubbing against each other.

I was told by AE that saddle soap is an option, anyone else had this same problem? What was the remedy?

Thanks,

-Scott

4. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Yea I'm like 1 for 8 with those shoebank shoes. I'm not even being picky. They sent mismatched sizes, mismatched widths, shoes with excess material, etc. I would be happy with most of the shoes that I see being posted here, including the slightly crooked captoes, scuffs, couple mis-stitchings, etc, but nope, I get the ones that are made on different lasts or diferent sizes that are too narrow for one foot and wide for another. I've given up on seconds.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  5. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

At that stage they need a new category called fifths

6. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Damn I feel for you guys with bad luck. I have now bought 4 pairs of seconds and each were damn near flawless. The last pair, brown cordovan Dundee, didn't even have a seconds stamp on them.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Is the right shoe cordovan? If so, stop complaining. :D I think this belongs on the MTO thread.

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

These turned out quite well. They end up looking like a much more expensive boot and the last shape gives them a bit of a Northampton feel/look to me.

9. seer

seer Senior member

You would think that AE would get a clue and put something like this in production!

10. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

thanks for the info!

yeah, it seems like a great organization... online credit would be great, I'm sure i'd use it eventually and even if I don't i've got plenty of good shoes that I don't often wear. It's cool that they give you $35 even though the shoes probably wouldn't sell for that much, it shows that AE really wants to help out instead of just getting people to buy more stuff IMO.

11. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that sprinkling some talc in the area producing the squeak can eliminate the problem.

12. captstatic

captstatic Member

One of my pairs of Daltons were squeaking. In my case it just took time and patience. The squeaking gradually went away after wearing them 1-2 times a week for a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Very nice shoes and nice style overall! -Mike

14. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

Great looking shoes! I love my Walnut Jermyn's so much, I was toying with the idea of ordering up Chili MTO!

15. njruss

njruss Senior member

As in "the guy who packed these had just drank a fifth"

16. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

Hmm in that case the 14AA Ashton's I was sent instead of the 15D Fifth Avenues must have been eighths. Ill give him some credit they were both black.

17. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I don't think anything beats the guy who receives two different colour shoes. A different size is one thing, someone could wear those, who they actually fit. These kinds of situations are discouraging for people in Canada, like myself, or other countries trying to utilize the shoebank. Both situations would be a huge pain in the ass.

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Hopefully they wave the $10 return fee...

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Surely they must? If anyone had actually opened the box and inspected the shoes, they would have realized that they weren't at all suitable for mailing out. Right?!

20. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

In my case they provided return shipping expedited my proper shoes and threw in some extras. While frustrating they took such good care of it I have no hesitation ordering from them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.