1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckfro

tuckfro Active Member

I'm pretty sure most will tell you to not wear black slacks at all. Problem solved.

1 person likes this.
  2. tuckfro

tuckfro Active Member

Fit fine in my regular size. The fit feels similar to my Kenilworth.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

These looks great!! Wear in good health

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

If I wear jeans and a black shirt I typically wear burgundy shoes/boots. Sometimes I will wear my whiskey shell which are kinda neutral.

1 person likes this.
  5. chris45

chris45 Senior member

Thanks, good to know!

That was what I was expecting =]

6. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

Interesting. I'm asking because I have a chance to gran a pair of brown shell strands or possible burgundy shell Leeds. The Jeffersons are beautiful but I'm not sure how often I'll wear them since I don't wear suits that often.

Think the Strand or Leeds would be a little more versatile.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

The burgundy shell Leeds are waaaaay more versatile.

8. MKJ1

MKJ1 Active Member

Yeah, they were in pretty good condition besides the stitching on the right. The left didn't even have the seconds mark if I recall correctly. Still hoping one in my size comes up, or might have to do MTO during the RDA sale.

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I have to agree, as much as I want a pair of brown cordovan Strands I was very happy that the burgundy Leeds became available to me first. They can almost literally pair with any outfit.

10. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

Word from Kristle at JVille on the 2 for $250 sale:

"Nothing on 2/250 for at least another month."

1 person likes this.
  11. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Quote:
    I have the brown shell strand also, and I wear it with dressed up jeans as well.

12. tuckfro

tuckfro Active Member

I'm looking for a pair of boat shoes and came across the Center Fielder at the Destin, FL outlet for $49. However, none were in my size. I'd rather not pay over $100 for shoes that will most likely be trashed by the end of summer. Do any of you own AE boat shoes? And, if so, would you say they are worth the premium? As I understand it, all AE boat shoes are made in the DR...

13. BCer

BCer Senior member

I have those identical shoes, and LOVE them! In fact, mine are at my cobblers right now getting natural coloured Topys applied, so I can start wearing them without fear of messing up the soles. My only misgiving about these shoes, is that I don't wear them enough...soon to change. Absolutely stunning dressy-casual shoes...

14. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:They are DR. I just got a pair Monday from the 2nd sale, though actually 1sts as they were closeouts. Just happened to see them on the list. I got the Sand Lot's and they have the Braves A on the upper. Seems the ones that had the logo were all $19, so couldn't refuse. Only worn them a few times just to break them in and I think they'll do well. They don't have a split heel like Sperry's do. At least the sandlots. I think some others do. Was the outlet able to check and see if they had your size anywhere else?

15. tuckfro

tuckfro Active Member

16. plainnerd

plainnerd Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of Sedonas, and when I bought them they fit great at the store, the length and width is just perfect, but I wore them today and after about 2 miles of walking I've got little sores at the back of both heels from rubbing. I'm not getting much heel slippage, but it seems to be just enough to rub. Is this normal with these shoes and will go away? or am I wearing the wrong size?

I've never had this problem with loafers before, but most of my loafers fit slightly large to wear with thick socks, these are for summer.

17. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

E's customer service has def. won me over. I called my local store here in Atlanta to see if some snuff suede neumoks might be available in my size after not being to find them on the website. And sure enough he was able to. Not sure how as he said they were in step 50 with all the other precut shoes i'm sure. Maybe someone cancelled? Either way was able to get them for the clearance price and 20% off so I was happy. Can't wait to get them for the return of warmer weather.

I also got some shell Daltons in the sale in 12C, which I can only guess was an MTO possibly or old size they don't offer anymore. But similar to others I've seen here the only problem I can find is a small tear were the tonque/facing meets the vamp.

[​IMG]

I called my SA just tell him I got them and how they looked and to ask about some accessory prices and told him thats all that I found and he told me that if it develops into a big problem to let him know and he'll take care of me. That if even if they didn't have a replacement that he'd get me a pair of 1sts. I was pretty blown away by that. If he indeed could. However I'll see how it holds up.

Other than that I don't think i've even fallen in love with a pair of shoes before. They're just stunning, how do people wear these things outside for the first time. There should be a cologne for that smell too.

After trying them on.
    [​IMG]

In preparation for opening day I also got some Sand Lots with the Braves "A" on them. a 12 might have been better but the for $19 I think the 11.5's will do just fine.

[​IMG]

I've also got some smokey grey long branch's ordered in addition to the suede neumoks. That 20% really took a hit to my wallet. Glad the 2 for $250 got delayed. Give me some time to recover. I've already found some close outs I'd like to snag.

Also I had gotten a sweater on clearance before the 20% and I just called them up and they were able to credit me for it. They've def. won me over.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  18. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

Received these walnut strands from the seconds sale at $149. Great price. I was wondering if anyone sees any issue with keeping them based on the following pictures. They are the only defects I could find after looking thoroughly at the shoe. They appear minor to me, and worth the $200+ price difference. I know I can send them back for another pair, but are these fairly good seconds?

[​IMG]
    Small light mark on shoe
    [​IMG]
    Small separation in the heel. Looks to just be cosmetic, small knick on heel

[​IMG]
    Light wrinkling on the laces

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

nice pickup. It could be the lighten but that right vamped looks very heavy in creme to me. I would suggest wiping it down and see how much you can remove

20. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Yea the lighting in that room is pretty low and I had the flash on so the right shoe seems darker. They're both even in color though I haven't done anything to them yet other than wear around on the carpet to make sure I was going to keep them. Might give them a brush after a few wears and see if it knocks any of it off. They did throw in some Cordovan shoe cream though. I'll probably test it out on some shell randolphs I picked up used that are a bit rough to see how it takes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.