Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

^^ Great color. More pics, please!!! I have 2 pair of cappuccino coming and I want to see what to expect.

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those look spectacular to me. I love shoes that have a different aura with different directions of light. That is one of my favorite things about my Walnut Shell Strands. I might copy you on the Cappuccino Strands.

3. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

If he's willing to pay double the Shoe Bank price.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay. He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

5. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

6. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

Nice! Do you have the chili welt? Can you post more pics. I have cappuccino strand in MTO. Would like to see edge trim and side shots. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

7. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

Just bought brown Malverns and black Bayfields in seconds for 250! Can't wait for them to get here. The New York outlet was also very efficient and friendly

8. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

There is someone selling the Tan Saunders in 5 sizes in the marketplace here for $250, along with other shoes as well. They seem to have snatched a lot of pairs the other week when they were $120 or whatever they were. Definitely annoying.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  9. rostov

rostov Senior member

Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair? The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

I don't regularly buy seconds, but it annoys me too, especially when I see posts from people who are unable to get what they want from the Shoe Bank or Jeffersonville. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with what they are doing, so I've never said anything.

11. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

12. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

All three fit exactly the same in 11B. The Parkway was my most "immediate need" so it was the only one I sized down for and kept. It's an awesome shoe if you are looking for that style. The three eyelets concerned me a bit (I prefer 5) but it has been fine. I want to add the Harrison in 10.5B but waiting for a sale. I couldn't justify the Larchmont to myself at this time due to other wingtips in the rotation.

13. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

Nice pickups! I'm a big fan of the 333 last, too.

One note about the Larchmonts, though. While they are longwing bluchers, they differ from traditional LWBs both in sleekness (due to awesome 333 last) and soles (single leather sole instead of double), so they fill a slightly different niche than shoes like the Macneils.

14. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

They look fine to me. They were probably in the box for too long.

15. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.