• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excited to see pictures of everyone's 2 for $250 pickups after today. I recently picked up a pair of shells, so I don't think I'll be getting any this time around. 

lol. AE has 12+ sales in a year. Last month I picked up 6 pairs of AEs. Total this year I got 10 pairs of ae(9 pairs factory second) . A pair of c&js , 3 pairs of RL marlows , 2 pairs of carminas and few others.
I am tempted to get few more pairs of ae ......

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm wondering whether I should get an 8.5C or 8.5D Macneil. I have read some reviews saying that the Macneil is wider than the Strands and some people suggest sizing down the width if you prefer the width of the Strands.

I feel that the MacNeils are wider than the 5 last except in the toe box, which I feel is narrower. If I went down in width from my 5 last size, my pinky toe would be killing me. Even in the beginning the MacNeils were causing my pinky toe some discomfort which eventually went away. I do wish the gap on the quarters was not so close though, as I have them tied almost closed.

spitshine123

Reaction score
lol. AE has 12+ sales in a year. Last month I picked up 6 pairs of AEs. Total this year I got 10 pairs of ae(9 pairs factory second) . A pair of c&js , 3 pairs of RL marlows , 2 pairs of carminas and few others.
I am tempted to get few more pairs of ae ......

Gentlemen- we have discovered Bill Gates' SF Username!

MKJ1

Reaction score
Just saw on dappered that AE is now sold at Macy's. When did this happen?
Very interesting business move, hope it means more sales on firsts.....As long as quality isn't compromised

tietherope

Reaction score
Just saw on dappered that AE is now sold at Macy's. When did this happen?
Very interesting business move, hope it means more sales on firsts.....As long as quality isn't compromised

http://www1.macys.com/shop/search?keyword=allen+edmonds

That along with selling in the Bay in Canada is very interesting indeed. Becoming more mainstream. As you said, hopefully due to demand the rate of production does not increase and lead to lesser quality.

ryansto

Reaction score
My bourbon Hanover wholecuts are scheduled to deliver tomorrow!!! I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as they arrive.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Just saw on dappered that AE is now sold at Macy's.

I bet they will only be offered at large Macy's stores in big cities. The two Macy's in Baton Rouge don't have AEs and I doubt they ever will.

epc2

Reaction score
Quick sizing question, I wear 10e on 5 last shoes , on RL singleton and Long Branch should I wear the same size?.

Also is the Slaton and Sanderson made in the same last?

Thanks,

Troilus

Reaction score
To the gentleman who grabbed the 10D Brooks PAs and the 10D brown Neumoras this morning. You are a lucky man--treat them with the respect they deserve.

tietherope

Reaction score
To the gentleman who grabbed the 10D Brooks PAs and the 10D brown Neumoras this morning. You are a lucky man--treat them with the respect they deserve.

When there is only 1 of each there is a chance they were never actually there. I didn't even attempt to get the PAs.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check out EBay in the coming weeks. There is at least one regular poster on this thread that buys shoes en masse during these seconds sales to flip.

shartmann

Reaction score
First wearing of the cappuccino shell Strands. This is an interesting color which changes shades quite a bit depending on the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads