1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

This thread is killing me. (Guess I would have seen the email) Talked myself into Smokey Grey Long Branch's.

Waited to long to get the 12Ds at $197, at $163 shipped I figured I'd give the 12E a chance. Since I"ll generally have thicker socks with them anyways.

But yea, after the email went out the site got bogged down quick.

2. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful pictures these ores that allows you to understand the different proportions.

3. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

They took my phone order. But i will advise that I live inbetween two AE stores, Philly and DC.

Not sure if where you live matters, but just call and tell them you recieved an email about the promo.

4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

This "flash" sale has come up before. No preannoucement or anything. Did it used to be 25%?

I'm a little nervous about the changes to the MTO and 2) the pulling of the 2 for $250 sale. Maybe those are new changes with the new ownership.

Quick question: Did someone say that AE is totally out of brown or cappucinno shell? I'd like to get in an MTO.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Just got off the phone with Allison, and can confirm that "changes" are going to be made to the MTO offer. I didn't inquire any further about it.

I know it can be difficult to reach her sometimes, but I must say she really goes above and beyond in order to be helpful and provide great service.

I was asking if it would be possible to create an austerity brogue out of the McClain by leaving out the hole punch perforations.

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

7. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Saw the Rush Street in person today. The color is a lot darker than I thought. The website describes the color as "golden brown chromexcel leather", as oppose to "natural chromexcel leather" as on the Clark Street. So I suppose it is intentionally darker....

8. AIK1891

AIK1891 Active Member

I just spoke with Allison earlier and the black unstructured boot I'm trying to come up with can't be done in the Black Wax Infused of the McTavish (I love the look of that one, but I can't wear it because of it being a firm make on the 5-65 last).

She suggested the black Dublin leather. Does anyone have anything in that color with an opinion on it?
    I'm coming up with a Chukkamok casual boot to come very close to black, but without being black (as black ≠ casual to me), so I want a "rough" black leather and it'll be done with dark brown welt and contrast brown stitching like the McTavish. So I'm curious about substituting Black Dublin for Black Wax Infused in trying to mimic the McTavish look.

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have the Black Carson City boot and it is on Sale so should be able to be MTO the black is an unfinished leather, rough looking but extremely comfy not lined. I no longer like the sole of the boot(orange) at this point but otherwise it is a nice boot. I was told originally it was an Outlet Exclusive...but of course that was by the outlet.

10. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Well, then, I suppose I've got a great mind, too. Two different size pairs of Elgins are headed my way!

11. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I've never seen black dublin -- but I have a few different shades of other dublin leathers and they're about as informal as a high-quality leather can get, especially after you beat up on them for a few months. I like the material a lot.

Here's an example of a black dublin briefcase (with black shell details) from Dave Mitchell:

[​IMG]

...looks pretty good to me.

12. halfnhalfnhalf

Hens' teeth? Yeah, I guess those are rare.

A virgin giving birth? I suppose that's unusual.

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed? NO WAY!!!

Well, here they are . . .

[​IMG]

Nice and bloom-y too:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

After applying to over 25 programs over the course of 4 years, I was finally accepted into the PhD program at Columbia.

Now, what shoes do I buy?

2 people like this.
  14. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

For a PhD program, anything that covers your feet will do.

3 people like this.
  15. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Clearly it depends on what kind of PhD program.

16. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Oh my... what a great find!

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

WOW! epic score, nicely done

18. halfnhalfnhalf

19. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Is that an easy fix?

20. halfnhalfnhalf