• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
If this is of any help, Superfeet Black insoles may work for dress shoes/boots. I tried them one on the shoes which similarly had a wide fit and the fit became acceptable, but still not comfortable enough. I ended up returning both shoes and insoles. You might have better luck with the boots though--give it a shot.

I might try that, i'll see what Jville says when I give them a call.
The other week I needed a size changed and they offered free shipping to me if I paid to ship the small ones back. Cost me $26 from Toronto to Jeffersonville.

Good to know, maybe this will be the case for me. If so, just another case of great customer service from AE.

Also, does anyone here find that the shell version of a shoe fits bigger than the calf version? the dalton in 12D in calf for me was snug at first, and has now stretched to be the perfect fit. But the shell dalton in 12E was way way way bigger. Even with wool socks, it wasn't snug. Seems like it shouldnt has increased in girth so much with only one size up in width.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
What's the policy on sizing for Elgins? Are you guys sticking with the same size as your strands and other 5 last shoes?

Last edited:

OlafG

Reaction score
Would 0.5 size up from 5 and 1 last be too big in MacNeil?

green garden

Reaction score
Did you end up going with the split reverse welt or the flat welt? I'm contemplating the double butyl sole on a MacNeil in cappuccino or dark brown shell with a light brown transparent edge....I feel like the flat welt will make it look sleeker, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess the double butyl sole with a flat welt would be what's on the Dalton boot....

I think the LW needs a split reverse.

evolved

Reaction score
I think the LW needs a split reverse.
Yeah, from looking around I think it does need the split reverse. Now I just need to decide between a double butyl sole and a single butyl.....I think the single will make it look less bulky, but we'll see.

suaviter

Reaction score
My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118.

Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons???

A few quick i-pics:

Thanks to your pics I totally just impulse-bought a pair of those. Thanks, SF.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

What's the policy on sizing for Elgins? Are you guys sticking with the same size as your strands and other 5 last shoes?

I wear size 9D for most 5-lasted shoes and my Elgins in 8.5D fits the same. I did try size 9D at the store when I bought my Elgins and I think those would have worked as well if I wore thicker socks or tied the laces tighter. But 8.5D definitely was the better fit.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118. Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons??? A few quick i-pics:
Thanks to your pics I totally just impulse-bought a pair of those. Thanks, SF.
Well, SF is dangerous like that, LOL! But at least in this case you're not out a ton of money and I think you'll be happy with it as long as it fits well.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would 0.5 size up from 5 and 1 last be too big in MacNeil?
Would be for me. I am the same size in 1, 5, and 7.

Also, does anyone here find that the shell version of a shoe fits bigger than the calf version?

I feel like all of my shell shoes feel looser than their calf counterparts.

When AE runs out of shell in rare colors, I presume :)
That's assuming that everyone that wants to do an MTO is looking at shell.

My Spiaggias from the flash sale showed up today. I ordered my standard size and they fit very well. I really like how they look too. Certainly a winner for $118.

Now, both of my 5-lasted wingtip bals are extremely casual (the other is a pair of Neumoks). I wonder if I should go for a pair of those webgem Jeffersons???

A few quick i-pics:
They look nice and awfully tempting to me now.

850csi

Reaction score
From past experience, when Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank does a 2-for sale on seconds and discontinued shoes (for example, 2 pairs for $250), can one also get 3 pairs for the same price per pair? For example, 3 for $375 when the offer was 2 for $250. Also, if one buys 2 for $250 and has to return a pair because it doesn't fit well, does the price on the kept pair go up?

I had this question as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads