Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

You snooze, you lose, I guess.

I almost bought a pair of the chocolate Amoks at 2am EST, but decided to sleep on it. And now it's gone.

Ah well, it's not as if I don't already have five pairs of brown AE chukkas...

2. PCinDC

PCinDC Member

Is the 2 for $250 good on all of the calfskin seconds? Or is it just closeouts? No cordovan at that price I'm sure.

3. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Haha. I really wanted to pull the trigger on a pair of snuff suede Amoks last night. Saw that they're gone now and am kinda relieved. With my wife going on mat leave in early October I need to be extremely stingy, but it seemed like such a good deal lol.

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Well, the damn "FLASH SALE" showed up on www.dealnews.com & www.slickdeals.net yesterday afternoon - once that happens it's all over!!

I have a search for Allen Edmonds to have anything pop up when it's posted on slickdeals.net it's got me several deals, but the guys on here always post here first I'd guess.

5. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Was contemplating getting a pair of Kenwoods on the flash sale ($87 vs. $295), but they are also gone by now. This is literally a flash sale.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

That's weird, because for me it says that it'll take 3-5 weeks to make... Maybe give them a call?

-Mike

7. schweezly

schweezly Active Member

Grabbed the Eagle County's. Lets hope they fit. $125 was too good to pass up.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I just saw all the posts saying they are off the site now. May be still worth a shot though. :)

-Mike

9. GeneralW

GeneralW Well-Known Member

It's only for closeout seconds.

10. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Just called the store. Was told once they are gone from the site, they are gone for good. They didn't even bother locating them at the brick and mortar stores.

11. alvin545

alvin545 Member

I have a pair and love them!:slayer:

12. alvin545

alvin545 Member

I ordered a pair last night and they also said it'll take 3-5 weeks to make. Maybe they ran out of the pre-cut uppers?

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Yep...Last night, I copped two pairs (for sizing). I thought about sleeping on it, but now I'm glad that I didn't!

14. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

A few pages ago there was discussion about calf versus cordovan in the winter. I live in New England and am looking for some winter footwear. I work in the city so there are times when I need to navigate sidewalks that may have snow, slush, water and salt. What material generally handles this best - calf or shell?

I'm probably going to need to go the MTO route because I can't find any Bayfield in my size (Lands End only has D widths) and I'm also thinking about putting a different sole on some Daltons. Do I need to do that or will the leather sole be okay if it gets a little wet? I don't want to make them too casual with a thick rubber sole.

I'm also concerned about salt. What do you guys generally do once you get to the office and/or home if you think some salt got on the upper? "Move to a warmer climate" is a perfectly legitimate response.

Thanks!

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Adam,

I live in the same conditions as you. I go with the commando style sole as it is very low profile and I feel performs much better than a leather sole in icy conditions. For me a leather sole gets slick and doesnt provide much traction. As for calf vs. shell, my preference is shell as I find salt much easier to wipe clean but that is totally your call.

I have these in navy and think they are a must for navigating NE winters...
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SFCLBROWN_1_40000000001_-1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.