1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

For whatever reason I found the best fit in MacNeils going 1/2 size up. I am 9.5D and 10D MacNeils fit me the best. Sounds like 12EEE would work for you :)

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

Hitch & Post sells a lot of damaged/imperfect Allen Edmonds shoes from what I have seen.

3. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

I have worn my walnut cordovan daltons for a couple of months. Recently some weird twisting thing has been going on.

[​IMG]

4. bespoken pa

[​IMG]

The eyelets are no longer aligned and the tongue twists. Ideas anyone?

5. evolved

evolved Senior Member

My Daltons did the same thing.....when I spoke with Customer Service they said it was something to do with my instep, or some such.

6. bespoken pa

Hmm idk if that were the case wouldn't all of ones shoes behave similarly. I know make ups I.E. lasts are different but wouldn't they all have the same defect to some degree?

kind of worried as AE is out of walnut cordovan. I don't want to return them and not be able to replace them. Perhaps they could be fixed at recrafting?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

7. bespoken pa

After closer inspection I noticed that each side of the blucher is stitched at a different distance from the brogueing. Here it almost touches the brogueing.

[​IMG]

8. bespoken pa

Here it is further apart. Don't know how I missed it.

[​IMG]

9. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

I've always wondered where he gets all of these shoes for the large number of his listings consistently, week after week.

10. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

The only others I can think of are the Aberdeens and the Fenways. Buth are rubber soled: One a lug sole and the other an air-infused soft sole, similar to the Wilbert. Neither are really MY cup of tea, but there's a picture in AE's new apparel catalog of a guy wearing the Fenway, and it actually looks pretty good on him.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

I have a few pairs of Daltons and some of them have that "feature" as well. Actually, I have some Alden boots that are even worse. Given that you have got quite a rare "gem" (pun not intended), I would keep them and just enjoy them as you're not likely to find a replacement. They are beautiful boots.

12. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

Agreed. Nobody will ever notice. If they are comfortable, are structurally sound and if you can get over the "flaw" mentally, I personally would not return. I've been waiting for a pair of walnut cordovans to come up in my size for a while now and no luck so far.

13. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Just ordered a pair of Snuff Amoks. Hard to beat $110 for firsts...

-Mike

14. bespoken pa

It's one of those things where I would tell someone else it isn't a big deal. I think defects only bother me when they are mine lol. With a MTO boot one would expect better execution. However you guys are probably correct that it isn't a big deal.

15. TheBoy

TheBoy Member

I got a 14 and a 15 in tan...gonna return one. Just don't know which. I've got 14B/14D/15D from them, over time and in different styles and differing degrees of perfection. So I'm hoping one of these fits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.