Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I spent my first couple of years after retiring from the Navy doing business process mapping and improvement, much of it in the manufacturing vertical in the SE part of the US. When heat and humidity was high rework and failure rates skyrocketed dramatically. A couple of weeks ago I talked to CS at AE and asked her if they were getting the same heat wave we were here. She said yes only worse and the factory floor was not air conditioned, it was brutal for the workers. I've had enough heat strokes and passed out enough times from heat exhaustion in the steam plant of ships in the Gulf and tropics that I totally understand. I asked if the defect rate had gone up and she was quiet for a few seconds and finally said very firmly and simply, yes. They were giving the workers extra breaks and trying to keep them hydrated to help. I strongly suspect the sales on seconds are due to the increased number of seconds due to the heat wave a few weeks ago and business is still good. Although an increased failure rate on the production line is never a good thing, except for us the consumer of AE seconds.

I agree and hope not too.

2. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Congrats and another great example of the Customer Service at AE. Oh yeah and yet another please post pics!!!! [​IMG]

3. SBear

SBear Senior member

Bourbon Portland boots. Size 10d, same as I wear in PA and Strand. They are just a slight bit larger but should be right with a medium weight sock (anything a bit thicker than the super thin I have on. They are long. The length is deceiving though as they are only a slight bit longer than my PAs. Still, not sure about the pointy look. Your thoughts?
    [​IMG]

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Boots look great!For my personal taste, I wish AE used the five. Great boots though, bourbon calf?

5. SBear

SBear Senior member

Some natural light. Bourbon calf.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Denton

Denton Senior member

Picked up a pair of 10.5 D Hinsdale seconds in Chocolate today from Nordstrom Rack in Tysons Corner (the good Rack). Really nice seconds, couldn't find much to complain about other than they're wrinkled a bit from wearing around a store (don't care).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my favorite part:
    [​IMG]

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agreed! 5 plus some walnut shell would be a sweet boot.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Hard to tell but it almost seems like a 9.5E would fit better than the 10D. They look a touch long and narrow but obviously it's an assumption based off of a photo

9. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

After 2nd wear of my black PAs. Does the creasing look alright?

[​IMG]

10. T-Lama

T-Lama Active Member

Has anyone ever successfully returned a pair of seconds once worn on the street? I bought a pair of Neumoras during the last sale from the Jeffersonville outlet over the phone. Once they arrived I tried them on and they seemed to be fine while walking around the house. However, today I wore the out for the first time. After wearing them to work and walking around all day they developed a bad crease around the toe area on the left shoe. From what I've read on this thread in the past they are too long on me. I'd like to return them for a smaller size, but I also realize I may be out of luck. Thoughts?

11. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I really want a pair of dark chocolate calf Dalton but don't know if $400 is in the budget at the moment. I know the store sale is coming up soon and that I can get 15% off. Seconds in my size have been impossible to come by. On the website the chocolate color says "SEASONAL" as does the black. Does anyone know when these colors came out and does seasonal mean they are only available for a limited time? If so, for the fall/winter or were they there all spring/summer? I'm wondering when they will suddenly disappear.

12. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Would you pay $201 for seconds? There is a 25% off coupon from Tanger outlets floating out there

13. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I can see how people would like this shoe but, to me, it's too pointy. I like the design intention but not the excution

14. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Just about to place my order for same shoe. How's the fit? Price paid? Thank you

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I think you're SOL, unfortunately. Once the soles show wear, AE won't take them back.

I'm wearing mine currently. Bought them in black and brown during the 2/250 sale, and VERY happy with them for that price. They fit me great but the elongated toe of the 3 last does lend itself to a bit more creasing than the 5 last, in my experience.

Maybe you can flip them on eBay if you're lucky?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.