Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velazkez

Velazkez Member

Does anyone have Leeds in dark burnished brown? If so, I'd love to see pics. If a PTB was offered in the cappucino, I would have been very interested.

2. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

So I read before buying my Daltons a few week ago that the pulltab breaks. I asked them about that and the person who I originally ordered it from said they'd just replace them. The other lady I talked to said it shouldn't happen.... well it did and I wasn't even pulling very hard. The stitching remained intact but the leather just clean ripped off. Regardless, they're replacing the boot, but it's annoying having to break them in again and then also keeping them from breaking.

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

The Fifth Street Boots that I asked for them to get in store arrived today and I dropped in to try them on and purchase if they fit. The 8.5D was tight in the width and a little short in the length, so I was going to go with the 9, which felt just a smidge long, but no tightness in the width. Unfortunately there was a long scratch from the heel all the way to the widest part of the shoe, box cutter maybe, but doesn't explain how the box was not damaged. I asked the sales associate to get me another pair. Didn't seem like I should be settling even if they are on sale.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

4. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I couldn't resist... these are beauties!

[​IMG]

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

You shouldn't settle. I actually had 2 previous Fifth Street before settling on the third pair due to QC issues.

6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

This was one of the reasons I didn't by the shell Daltons. I was worried about spending so much on a shoe that would be faulty.

7. BigCheese

BigCheese Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of Fifth Street Boots 9.5 D in chocolate brown from the Shoe Bank, with the $35 discount, total came to $173 with taxes for a first quality shoe. Not too bad IMO.

Also, ordered a pair of Sandlots on clearance for $49 - $35 discount = $14 with free shipping. Happy day for me :)

Big Cheese

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I feel your pain, I had to break in the Kenilworth 3 times due to heal problems, never worked out for me. Hopefully the Daltons do for you...

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Your purchase would be a credit to this thread :)

10. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

In my size (14EEE) the words "thin" and "sleek" simply don't apply. That said, I have the Park Avenue, which is on the 5 last, and they fit ok. Thanks for the feedback.

11. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I just received the Bayfield in the mail, bought during the sale for $200. Bought size 14D and it fits great! This is my first shoe nicer than Clarks Desert Boot.

Now I just need to pick up some insoles; I wear prescription orthotics in my running shoes but the full size makes the toe box too tight in the Bayfield (and Clarks DB). Is there any real difference between buying the Superfeet black and trimming it, or just buying the black 3/4 length?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

Looking good! I actually ordered the exact same shoe, same size...it should be coming in soon. What do you wear in the other lasts?

13. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

Looks like the limited run of cappuccino shell is now available in full width selection!

14. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

This is my first AE shoe. I was just guessing on size, and the user reviews on the website said the Bayfield ran a little small in length and width. I think I'm naturally about a 13.5D, so 14D fit the bill nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.