Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evolved

evolved Senior member

How does the welted 606 last (Patriot loafer) compare, size wise, to the 5 last that the Strand/Park Ave are on? I'm an 11B in the 5 last. Would a 10.5B work in the Patriot?

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I would go 11B or 11C on the patriot, depending on how tall your foot is (height at the instep - some have problems with too much pressure under the "saddle.")

3. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

I would absolutely not pay full first quality price for those. They are clearly seconds quality.

The crease isn't that bad (though some perfectionists will still return it), but the black mark looks more like a cut to me that happened before AE dyed the leather. These never should have passed QA. That said, the defects likely won't affect the shoes' longevity since they are cosmetic defects rather than structural defects.

If I were you, I'd do one of two things:

1) If I didn't mind the defects much, I'd call and ask them to mark down the pair to factory seconds price, refunding you the difference (saves you money and them shipping/restocking/re-selling costs).

2) If I did mind the defects, I'd just return it for another pair.

AE customer service is great, especially on firsts. They'll take care of you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

4. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Are you a 12 eee? If so, those are seconds from my mto.

5. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

I am a 9D, there was a Walnut shell Dalton I wanted, but someone beat me to the punch!

6. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

PM sent.

7. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I can't believe AE actually let these leave the factory. If these are not a closeout shoe within a year, I'll give every poster in this thread a free eye exam.

A rare instance of AE's website pics looking 100x better than the actual shoe.

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Sweet! I'm due for an exam. Luckily I am so I can't see those shoes that well.

9. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

I've seen these in person a number of different times. I actually kinda like them. I've seen similar models from Paul Stuart and Churchs, I believe. The shiny corrected grain leather combined with the weathering means its not a dress shoe, but I think they'd make a cool casual shoe...for someone else. I definitely wouldn't pay anywhere close to full retail for them.

10. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I struck out trying to get that pair of 9D walnut shell Daltons a couple of days ago. I guess it's a blessing in disguise since I had no intention of buying any more AEs at the moment and probably have enough shoes to last me the rest of my life...:p

11. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

the issue with that is the picture online looks nothing like the real thing. AE is going to have a lot of returns by customers who think they are ordering the shoe that is online. The online shoe is black and burgundy while the real thing is yellow and burgundy. I love the dotcom image.

[​IMG]

12. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

I get that the company needs to try new things which might not always land well but HOLY CRAP are those ugly!

13. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

^
    I don't think the photos [email protected] posted are of the burgundy model. I'm thinking they are the brown.

14. lint

lint Member

Long time reader, first time poster here. I bought these walnut Dalton's from the Nordstrom's anniversary sale. Only got them at the end of summer and didn't notice this until I wore them out this past weekend. The upper of the left boot is off, gives it an almost cross eyed look. The tongue stitching is also off centre, but I could have lived with that. Nothing wrong with the right. Wife says keep them since they are really comfortable, but I think I expect more from a $300 boot. What would SF do?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I'm an 11.5B in the patriot loafer, I ordered an 11.5D shell Dalton am I going to have speed bumps (crazy wrinkles)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.