• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
^always 2 sizes....for example, a 36 waist size would get a 38 AE belt. This works well.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone snagged the last pair of brown cordovan Strands literally while I was on the phone trying to order them...harsh

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Someone snagged the last pair of brown cordovan Strands literally while I was on the phone trying to order them...harsh

Wasn't me. But now I know not to bother calling or emailing. Saving my money.

David Copeland

Reaction score
....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me

And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :)
Thank you for the kind remarks

All my best,

David

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hmm...more impressive customer care from AE: didn't get a confirmation of the pair I'd requested by email earlier today, so I called to see if they were available or not.

One pair still showing, they put me on hold. After a few minutes: "I called the store, they said this pair look a little rough...you're going to get that at this time, pairs that have been tried on or have visible marks...so, I've told them to send it here [Port Washington] and I'll give it back to the finishing department, then we can see what it looks like when they've given it a loving touch...should be done by the middle of next week, and if we think it's OK, we'll email you - you still get the same sale price."

Yep, sounds fine to me.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm with you JS. I've contemplated getting these for awhile and was disappointed when they were not included in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale as they were last year. These will be my first split-toe and first chili colored shoe.

This is standard, yes. However, I am actually a 31 (but don't own many 31 pants) so my perfect belt size would be 33 (a size not offered frequently). Depending on the manufacturer, a 32 or 34 will fit me best.

I think the two sizes from your pants waist is a bad rule, because pant sizing varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm...more impressive customer care from AE: didn't get a confirmation of the pair I'd requested by email earlier today, so I called to see if they were available or not.

One pair still showing, they put me on hold. After a few minutes: "I called the store, they said this pair look a little rough...you're going to get that at this time, pairs that have been tried on or have visible marks...so, I've told them to send it here [Port Washington] and I'll give it back to the finishing department, then we can see what it looks like when they've given it a loving touch...should be done by the middle of next week, and if we think it's OK, we'll email you - you still get the same sale price."

Yep, sounds fine to me.

Hoping mine is in good condition. I think I snagged the last pair in my size and it's shipping from Alabama and not from the factory. I know the display pairs usually get beaten up pretty good.

drbhrb

Reaction score
I think you should expect to be disappointed. I wear a 32 waist and have some belts that are a 32, some that are a 34. I bought a couple of these AE sale belts on STP in size 32 (no 34 available) and they were way too small.

I actually changed my mind and canceled that order. I made another order for a yukon in size 44. I'm going to try the cobbler route and have it shortened to fit. Worth an experiment on a $23 belt.

PlaceboFX

Reaction score
Hoping mine is in good condition. I think I snagged the last pair in my size and it's shipping from Alabama and not from the factory. I know the display pairs usually get beaten up pretty good.

Hmmm... I hope the Burgundy Shell Cambridge I have coming tomorrow is fine. I made the mistake of not having the shoes looked over for what made them seconds (I called Jeffersonville, they were in Port Washington), especially since I'm not used to this $10 restocking fee AE started charging for seconds.

Time will tell! I hope they look as good as the other Burgundy Shell Cambridge seconds someone posted a day or two ago.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Anyone out there have the AE Braden belt in chili? The images online make it look burgundy.

Thanks for your help.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I hope the Burgundy Shell Cambridge I have coming tomorrow is fine. I made the mistake of not having the shoes looked over for what made them seconds (I called Jeffersonville, they were in Port Washington), especially since I'm not used to this $10 restocking fee AE started charging for seconds.

Time will tell! I hope they look as good as the other Burgundy Shell Cambridge seconds someone posted a day or two ago.

I've been told you can return seconds to a 1st quality store for no charge. I heard something different from the Shoe Bank but my outlet and the local AE says they will take it.

OptoDoc

Reaction score

Yep, sounds fine to me.

The fact that they are willing to do this for shoes we expect to be defective in some way is astounding.

Allen-Edmonds, I salute you!

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been told you can return seconds to a 1st quality store for no charge. I heard something different from the Shoe Bank but my outlet and the local AE says they will take it. 

I guess it varies by location. My local AE store wants nothing to do with returning seconds.

tietherope

Reaction score
I just got a bill in the mail for the first time from FedEx for $73 in taxes from a shipment on August 6th (Canada). I thought I was in the clear and now I'm scared as I've received a few more shoes since then!

To be fair it was almost $500 where my previous orders were $300 or less.

Last edited:

spitshine123

Reaction score
My shell Cambridges today. I bought mine off of eBay a while back and they fit me perfectly. They might be an older model as evidenced by the white lettering on the inside and white stitching on the sole (no jr sole or horween stamp). The fit is also quite different from the current 5 last- much wider and a higher instep vs something of the same size today...I am scared that they won't fit anymore once it comes time for a resoling if they use the current 5 last and soles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads