Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mythage

mythage Senior member

Because I think it will be too big length wise. Not 100% on this though. Mine fits very snugly, just the way I like my AEs to fit. I'm hoping after they get broken in it will be alright.

2. knezz

knezz Senior member

Speaking of the Sheltons... I have a beater pair that re-crafting wouldn't help. The burgundy and black are really nice neat casual shoes. They seem never ever to go on sale.:mad:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

3. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

4. knezz

knezz Senior member

Speaking of spectators - I have a pair of spectators in the closet that I wore once. I saw them on someone and they looked really good. Aftwards I realized that I'm not currently brave enough for them:embar:

I have the McClain. Thought about dying them (as I'm in need of another pair of black shoes) but heard some stories about white being extemely difficult to dye. I also have the Bel Air in bone/brandy (never worn). If I don't feel comfortable wearing them this spring/summer I will be selling them.

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

In this case, for the love of shoes, order the shell cappuccino editions! :drool: We need these shoes in store... :slayer:

6. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior member

I'm not against buying a bunch of shoes, I'm merely pointing out the fallacy that shoes are somehow a good financial investment.

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

LOL I'm with you and STILL waiting to hear back from the Military Exchange\AE to see if I can and what my cost will be. I have never paid retail on any AE shoes (trade off is no returns) however that Shell Dundee is very tempting. Damn, think I am coming down with a bad case of horsey fever.....

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Should be in stores any day now. I stopped by the Michigan Avenue AE store yesterday and asked when they might be in. The SA pointed at the UPS delivery guy walking in the store and said he hoped they were being delivered as we speak.

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

If you or anyone else could snap a picture of the Dundee in real life I would greatly appreciate it! Yeah UPS is the carrier for AE. UPS tried to deliver the burgundy shell Bradley's that I ordered back in December yesterday at my house but no one home to sign for them so all I got was a note on the door. I debated with myself for ~2 years to order those. With a shell chukka don't think there is much debate, at least in my mind.

10. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

The bone/brandy Bel Air is a sweet shoe. Enjoy 'em!

11. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

I have heard that the limited edition cappuccino cordos will have at least a B width offered as well (to match the calf offerings)--website oversight/glitch. Looks like I may now be out $575.

With that said, I'm liking the cordo McGraw--anybody have this style in calf? Curious about fit--I am 11B in the 1, 5, 7 and 8 lasts--would assume same for the 4 last here as well.

Thanks

12. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Sorry for the late reply--I have them in black and they are great. The only con I have is not directed at them per se, but the 5 last itself--in my narrow size (11B) it does look a little thin and pointy. But the boot is fantastic.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Wish I could help but the McGraw is the one cappucinno shell that's calling to me as well. Hoping to get a look at it in store.

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

I am actually interested on the McGraw suede..Please provide an update of last 4 vs. 5 and 7...Thanks

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Looking at the McGraw as well for a Summer shoe to wear with chinos or jeans and a short sleeve polo. Any thoughts on this or a different loafer to recommend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.