1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I so want a pair of burgundy shell Mccneils. None on the list in size 12D though. I wear my black and 2 pairs of walnut Macneils all the time. I really think the Macneil is a staple, and the burgundy shell is beautiful. It is one of the few missing shoes in my collection.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

You and me both. I called a few weeks ago, and they didn't have a pair in 12D then.

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

[​IMG]

After treating with Saphir Cordovan Cordovan shoe polish, they are older and have started the turn toward brown. Sizing for me is pretty straight forward but not sure if my feet could be considered "normal". I wear a 10D in both 1 and 5 last and they both fit me perfectly. As well as the 1 last fits me I think the 5 fits me just a little bit better. Others on here have had to change sizing between the 1 and 5 last however. I don't think you will regret the burgundy shell Leeds they were my first pair of shell and still see a lot of use.

4. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

And I too so want a pair of burgundy shell Macneil in size 10D. They have not been available in my size during any of the sales over the years, including this one. I heard back from Kristle last night and the one pair they do have is listed as burgundy but she said in real life they look brown so I passed. She came back with - how about if I put you on the waiting list and when they become available you can have them for the current sale price of $299? So I will finally get my shell gunboats, just don't know when. Not sure if that is always an option but considering how many shoes you all have I would certainly think so. Worth a try!

1 person likes this.
  5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

when you mean change sizes, you mean to size down and not size up from the 5-Last to the 1-Last?

6. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

woo hoo.

I placed my order last night for a pair of 10 EEE Shell Burgundy Dalton's, for the absurdly low price of $299.

These are quite possibly my wedding shoes!

1 person likes this.
  7. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

That's great! That's an amazing deal for a pair of boots that will last many, many years.

1 person likes this.
  8. dapperdoctor

I was happy to grab a pair of brown distressed Pine River casual double monks and a pair of casual Bellevue chukkas in my size of 13B. At 50% off, that's a steal. I am now officially done buying shoes for quite a while.

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I'm very curious about the pine river. I was always kinda drawn to it. Can anyone comment on the last/fit?

10. dapperdoctor

Actually, it was not 50% off, that was my mistake. The Pine River went from $234 to $159 and the Bellevue went from $234 to 198. Still not bad...

11. dapperdoctor

According to the website, it is 3 Last (73) - Fullest girth measurement with a tapered toe and more room over the instep.

Of course, being a strapped shoe, you should be able to adjust to your liking within reason. My understanding is that it runs slightly large, but you are probably best off sticking to your true size.

12. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I would like to know how those brown-looking shell macneils look like. I'm not a 10D so I won't pull the trigger. I know, I'm shoe crazy.

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I am an 8D in the 5 last, I sized up to 8.5D in the 1 last. My Leeds will be here tomorrow and should be able to tell you how they fit.

I do already had Dalton in 8D and ended up selling it because the narrow width really hurt my toes, wore them a bunch of times and they never got any more comfortable. Decided the 1 last would either be and 8E or 8.5D.

14. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:From my understanding, the 5-last is the most narrowest last. Why would you size up from the 5-last to the 1-last?

15. njruss

njruss Senior member

Finally got my walnut strands. They had a pair of the BB version for $149!

16. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

17. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Brown Fifth Streets at the courthouse today. I haven't worn these but only a few times, and not for probably a year. This is a way under rated boot.

1 person likes this.
  18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Interesting.

If you were to size up or down. Do you guys generally size up or size down from the 5-last to the 1-last?

19. green garden

green garden Senior member

Good things come to those who wait [​IMG]

20. green garden

green garden Senior member

@Cold Iron how old are the Leeds? Just wanted to know how long I'd have to wait until my #8 turn brownish. I love this color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.