• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradbrah

Reaction score

Ouch, AE's Bourbon is a hard to get back; unfortunately the bourbon polish won't bring it back to factory finish. Try using the polish and then finishing with the brush you use on your black shoes

To get it back where you want it. I'd take it to a cobbler and have him polish them with black polish on his wheel. They're not terminal they're just sick at the moment. You'll get them back to where they belong.

Much appreciated. I put some black polish on the spot and it is just about even with the rest of the shoe color. It was on the inside so I wasn't too concerned about it, but I know I would remember it every time I looked down at it.

For the future, what do you recommend in the way of conditioning the bourbon McAllister? I don't want to alter the color, just want to give it regular conditioning. Would Lexol Conditioner be good? Thank you again.

Last edited:

Subutai

Reaction score
They looked pretty good in the indoor pics but they look great in the sunlight. Maybe I'll put this model back on my list of AEs to consider.

Thanks Spex; the Franciscan is offered in only walnut and black, so if you want another color, you'll have to go the MTO route. If you do, I'd highly recommend opting for Independence finishing, the difference is noticeable and, I think, very worth it.

Subutai

Reaction score
Two weeks after getting this pair, I finally get to wear them "in the wild."

Decided to go one width up with them and it seems to have been the right decision. I just hope that I have enough of a lacing gap to avoid a overlap later on.

These do look great, and Merlot goes with almost everything!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if navy shell is offered with the MTO program?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if navy shell is offered with the MTO program?

No. The options are Burgundy, Black and Dark Brown. There may be a bit of Cappuccino left, but not much if any. For navy shell you would need to go with Rancourt or Carmina.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Two weeks after getting this pair, I finally get to wear them "in the wild."

Decided to go one width up with them and it seems to have been the right decision. I just hope that I have enough of a lacing gap to avoid a overlap later on.

Those look great, jason. I almost exclusively pair my merlot with navy and gray. They are super versatile, tho.

Dugan

Reaction score
Got some Dundees last weekend. Took them out on walkabout for the first time, today.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Got some Dundees last weekend. Took them out and walkabout for the first time, today.

They look great! Nice pickup. Can't wait to get my MTO Dundees.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first pair of MTO AE came today. They are a dark brown shell Leeds on the double butyl sole to help them break in easier. They where not the ones I expected, but they are still a welcome addition to my rotation. I only ordered these about 4 weeks ago. Still waiting for my tan suede MacNeils. I am hoping to find out the progress on them tomorrow. It has been over 3 months now for them.

Mr. K,
These really are fantastic! Congratulations! I can't stop looking at them. I reached out to request the same makeup yesterday. The only difference I'm considering is a lighter edge trim. Is yours a black edge trim or dark brown? What does AE call their version of antique edge trim?

I sadly just had to return my Alden cigar PTB for refund due to issues with the finish. Since cigar PTBs are so rare, the Leeds may be my only option as well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Mr. K,
These really are fantastic! Congratulations! I can't stop looking at them. I reached out to request the same makeup yesterday. The only difference I'm considering is a lighter edge trim. Is yours a black edge trim or dark brown? What does AE call their version of antique edge trim?

I sadly just had to return my Alden cigar PTB for refund due to issues with the finish. Since cigar PTBs are so rare, the Leeds may be my only option as well.

I have a similar make-up in process. Mine are cappuccino shell on JR soles. I ordered mine with AE's 'light brown' edge trim. I think it will give the effect I am after. I also went with a chili welt.

Last edited:

jasonmx3

Reaction score

Those look great, jason. I almost exclusively pair my merlot with navy and gray. They are super versatile, tho.

Thanks, Russ. I'm now realizing that Merlot is actually quite versatile as it complements a range of colors. Quite happy with this new pair!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks, Russ. I'm now realizing that Merlot is actually quite versatile as it complements a range of colors. Quite happy with this new pair!

They do look great and if they stretch a little and the lacing gap closes a bit too much I would just add a tongue pad.

AdamAdam

Reaction score

My merlot McAllister is quickly becoming my favorite pair. I love how the color is darker indoors but takes on a nice reddish tint in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics