Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Issues posting today, attempt 3, in better sunlight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I worked with Alison as well, albeit over e-mail only. She was fantastic. Much better experience than some at the Shoe Bank who i understand are likely handling more e-mails and as a result are slower to respond.

3. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I was expecting my suede MacNeils and not he shell. I ordered the suede over 3 months ago and the shell only about 3-4 weeks ago.

4. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New second Chili Dalton's showed up today. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with them and they fit better than any of my other AEs. Can't beat it for $199!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

The Montecito get zero love and are really only good for guys with flat feet. I used some Renovateur and some lovely neutral polish. I really like how they turned out!

[​IMG]

6. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Good day gents, I have a quick question. I used Saphir Renovateur on my bourbon McAllisters. I had no idea it would take off so much polish (tested an area on the inside part of the shoe near the sole). It is far too light. Should I go ahead and use Reno on the rest of the shoe and hope that the polish will return it all to it's original bourbon color? I love the original color. Thank you in advance.

7. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Ouch, AE's Bourbon is a hard to get back; unfortunately the bourbon polish won't bring it back to factory finish. Try using the polish and then finishing with the brush you use on your black shoes

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

To get it back where you want it. I'd take it to a cobbler and have him polish them with black polish on his wheel. They're not terminal they're just sick at the moment. You'll get them back to where they belong.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Nice! I bought some Dalton's too, I hope tomorrow they confirm me the payment and send them to Oklahoma and then travel all the way to Mexico. $199 is a hell of a deal.

I decided to buy them 9D US as the guys from the customer service told me that it should fit perfectly.

10. Spex

Spex Senior member

They looked pretty good in the indoor pics but they look great in the sunlight. Maybe I'll put this model back on my list of AEs to consider.

11. green garden

green garden Senior member

I wear a C in US size. I understand that my best best is the Simpson and Alcudia. The issue is that if I like a style that is made in the other lasts, then I may not have an optimal fit. I'm not saying its impossible to get a Carmina, just harder for me.

12. green garden

green garden Senior member

If 10C is snug, you may want to consider trying 10.5C. It will give you the heel width you want and extra length which may help with the toes. It looks like you like the 10D toebox better and have an issue with the heel. 10.5C should have the same space in the toebox as a 10D.

13. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

Two weeks after getting this pair, I finally get to wear them "in the wild."

Decided to go one width up with them and it seems to have been the right decision. I just hope that I have enough of a lacing gap to avoid a overlap later on.

[​IMG]

14. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Great looking shoe!

15. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

^^Thanks! Wasn't quite sure about the Merlot when I first ordered them. But now I'm really liking how they look with blue suits/pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.