1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

Also note, that the saunders and dundee are on different lasts, which will give the boot a bit of a different feel. As well as the dundee being a 3-eyelet chukka, and the saunders being a 2-eyelet chukka. Just something to consider.

2. WICaniac

WICaniac Well-Known Member

3. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Scored these burgundy shell Randolphs at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago for $150. 14 EEE, so they weren't my size. Ended up being my little brother's size, so he got a nice present. His first Allen Edmonds - and shell at that!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

So I picked up some Dundees a few months ago:

[​IMG]

I was unhappy with the huge amount of cream and the general dullness of the shell. I tried renovateur, but it just couldn't get the cream off. I ended up using renomat and getting it all off. It's taken a lot of brushing and renvoateur to combat dryness, but I'm happier with how they look now. Here's a pic in fading light:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

Thank you for the insights. The different lasts just complicate things a little bit more.

I will look into the MTO program. Patience is not one of my virtues. :)

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Good luck, Cold Iron! Keep us posted

7. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

In honour of tomorrow's big game, my football leather Neumoks!

2 people like this.
  8. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

I had contacted Allison a few months ago for a similar mto. She didn't give me a quote because the cxl was unavailable to her until the stock make ups using those leathers were released, and she was unsure how to quote it since there are 3 different black hills with 3 different prices. I'm very interested in a cxl ptb so I'd be interested if anyone places a similar order! After seeing Alden's natty cxl ptb, I may switch to the natural cxl with a natural welt et al.

9. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

I have amassed 28 pairs in about 1 1/2 years. That is quite insane...

10. GOP Shoe Guy

I have the same pair. I think I will be wearing mine tomorrow for the game.

11. GOP Shoe Guy

Evolve, I have the Brooks Strand with the combination tap sole and a AE Patriot with the combination tap sole, but appear to be the same thickness.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I recently picked up a pair of these shoes. I'm just curious what you guys think of this AE broguing pattern for wingtips vs the current one being used!

[​IMG]

13. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

I am wondering if anyone knows when the recrafting sale will be (if it's yearly)? I seem to vaguely recall there was one last year.

14. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Well-Known Member

Shining up the old pebble grain leather Leeds. These were my first pair of AEs from many moons ago. Despite the inner lining tearing a little, they held up pretty well over the years.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

well JJR,

Looks like AE will no longer be seeing your $.

I took a look at the flyer and clicked on the link, on the left hand side it narrows down the assortment by "brown" thus listing all shoes that come in brown.

NO CHOCOLATE STRANDS,PAs, or JEFFERSONS. although the Jeffersons look more like chocolate than the other two do,

BUMMMER[​IMG]

16. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Well-Known Member

Not to brag or anything, but I just scored the brown shell strands in 9c for 299. I love the shoebank. They were described as lighter than the usual brown shell - if these come as ravello then score!!!!

17. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

I think I am going to ditch my AE brushes, anyone have a recommendation on another manufacturer.

18. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

I like the AE brushes because I trust AE and the price includes shipping. The problem is they shed like crazy. I have been using a brand called Star, 100% horsehair and they are made in Brazil. I get them from my local cobbler and they are 1/2 half the price of the AE brushes, slightly bigger, and the quality blows AE's brushes away. Both dark and light I get a better shine and not one hair shed. I don't know if they are available online but you might want to check into it.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Saphir. They are pricey but I have tried tons of different brushes and these are by far my favorite.

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Jeebus!
    Do you have a room dedicated solely to shoes?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.