• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaceboFX

Reaction score
Do they only ever sell D width and Regular length clothes? I'm an E and Short.

They do, but it very much depends on their stock. It's a bit of a crapshoot if you're an E, but at least you aren't a rarer width like EE.

For clothes, I've seen a few sizes that came in short since I'm a 38s (suit size) myself.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I hope you had a chance this weekend to take at least some time for a break Doc. And the beer is still on me when we get together
cheers.gif

Certainly did. Had tons of family over to my parents' home for the LSU/TCU game and my father and I cooked up a mean pot of jambalaya.

You bring the beer...I'll bring the food.
cheers.gif

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question, don't know if this is the place to ask, but I kinda need a quick answer. I want to buy the Dalton Boots, but once somebody told me that according to my Santoni size (8UK F) I should go with 9.5D. I ust did the Sizing & Fit Guide from Allen Edmonds and my toes lie on the line marked 10. So according to them to give room to my toes I should go with 10.5US.

But for example in Carmina in the Rain last I'm and 8UK... so I'm very very confused.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Quick question, don't know if this is the place to ask, but I kinda need a quick answer. I want to buy the Dalton Boots, but once somebody told me that according to my Santoni size (8UK F) I should go with 9.5D. I ust did the Sizing & Fit Guide from Allen Edmonds and my toes lie on the line marked 10. So according to them to give room to my toes I should go with 10.5US.

But for example in Carmina in the Rain last I'm and 8UK... so I'm very very confused.
I think 9.5 may be correct. Like a lot of AE lasts I size down .5 to get the correct fitting shoe. My foot lies on the 8.5 mark, but in most AE I am an 8D. I don't know how much this helps, but I'm sure you'll get a couple responses here soon!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
The five last is weird. You tried a string of shoes that all fit the same. Check out some shoes made on the 1 last or other options.

AE sales associates are quite good, but they are human. After you tried on multiple pairs, each having the same problem, they may have grown impatient (even if not consciously) and reached the conclusion that the same issue would probably be found in any AE shoe. Though, actually having you try on different lasts might have revealed a more pleasing fit (which is a big reason why shoes are made on different lasts to begin with).

Last edited:

Busa

Reaction score
I do not, but it looks a lot like the Chukkamok that I DO have, and love it- they are just extremely comfortable...

Anyone have any experiences with the new Mojave chukka? Thinking about a pair in tan or olive suede. The tan looks a little like a light rust in the photo's, but i'm guessing they're closer to standard tan.

Here's the website shots.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 3rd AE's, Rutledge in Walnut....Butter!

Also have Black Park Avenues and Walnut Strands in half a size to big
baldy[1].gif

Scottyb06

Reaction score
I do not, but it looks a lot like the Chukkamok that I DO have, and love it- they are just extremely comfortable...

I don't have the Mojaves but my understanding is that the sole is the same type used on the McTavish (which I do have). If true, I'd imagine that the sole would get dirty pretty quickly as mine seems to pick up much more dirty and oil than my Amoks or other shoes...

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
My mother always said that if I don't have anything nice to say, that I should keep my mouth shut.

plain.gif

The nicest thing I can think of to say about these is that they aren't the ugliest boots I've ever seen...

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In defense of the Sun Valley, those are an Alpine Boot. They aren't meant to be worn casually, or as just every day boots, but as a specific type of hiking boot. If you need an alpine boot, you already know it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are really glad that there's a high-quality, Made in USA, non synthetic material alpine boot available at a reasonable price.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
In defense of the Sun Valley, those are an Alpine Boot. They aren't meant to be worn casually, or as just every day boots, but as a specific type of hiking boot. If you need an alpine boot, you already know it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are really glad that there's a high-quality, Made in USA, non synthetic material alpine boot available at a reasonable price.
I agree. If I needed a boot like that, those would probably be my first choice.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

The Carmina Rain last is pretty close to a perfect fit for me at 8UK (Rain lasted balmorals close almost all the way without overlapping at the seam for me). Almost all of my AE's are 9D and I would say most of them fit well. The 1 & 5 lasts work better for me than 4 and 7 due to more height at the toe box, but otherwise fits at 9D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads