Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brax

brax Senior member

You mean like these: [​IMG] [​IMG] And while in whiskey cordovan rather than #8 cordovan, how about these gunboats? [​IMG]

2. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Although Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the United States, there are no Allen-Edmonds stores. The nearest Allen-Edmonds store is in Orange County. Some Nordstrom stores in Los Angeles County stock a around half a dozen different styles of Allen-Edmonds shoes in a very limited range of sizes.

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

yeah, we got everything. Rats. Lots of them. :uhoh:

4. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

Yup, will keep you guys posted. Will post a proper comparison probably in the next few months. And yes, a topy/vibram would cost about $20 to install, while a sole upgrade is $50 at AE. However, some AE models/colors (like the PA, Strand, McAllister) come with the tap soles pre-installed at no additional cost.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

5. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Whe

Where in LA county do you live? I grew up in the San Fernando Valley before moving to NYC 5 years ago.

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

I wonder if you can go through Allison and the MTO offer and get tap soles put on for free.

Anyone try this? I know putting them on a MTO is no extra charge. But haven't tried it with a basic shoe.

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Has anyone purchased any of the brown shell webgems yet? I'm thinking hard about the Jeffersons. They would make a nice brown dress shoe for me to wear with suits.

8. PCinDC

PCinDC Member

Hey guys,
    I know this information is buried in this thread someplace, but I can't find the info for the AE MTO program. How do we go about placing an order? Thanks for your time.

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Here in New Orleans we have the rats as well, might as well get the alden madison,leffot,city shoes,moulded shoe, saks, lobb, weston, blue in green, turnbull and asser and charvet to go with them. :)

10. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

West Los Angeles. I've lived here since I was born, way back when Harry S. Truman was President. My great grandfather came to Los Angeles from Elmira NY in 1855.

Oddly enough, since I still wear the clothes that I got at Brooks Brothers in the 60's and 70's, people keep asking me where I'm from, even though they're always the ones that have come here from elsewhere. It's the people who have come here from elsewhere who are wearing the ball caps and tee shirts, rather than jackets and ties, in restaurants that once didn't allow people not wearing jackets and ties in.

I wish they'd all go back where the came from or that restaurants would go back to requiring jackets and ties.

11. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

On this Labor Day (Labour for our Canadian buddies) it sure is nice to pause and be thankful for all the awesome workers who make these Allen Edmonds shoes.

I know I'm proud to slip my foot into something made in America every morning.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I wear the same size in the 1,5, and 7 last.

Chris

13. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Agreed. I am very glad there is an American-made shoe option still out there.

I hope the AE folks are reading this and will pass on our appreciation for all they do right here in the USA.

And I also want to send out my appreciation for all the workers in the USA that make this country great. Thank goodness we have a lot of great American-made things to go along with our shoes!

Chris

14. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Is that the store that's across the street from the Brooks Brothers flagship store and just around the corner from the Alden Madison store? I went there in july and the staff was really nice and helpful. I don't remember the SA's name, but she was young and had brown hair, she was very helpful. I went to the other Madison store and I didn't feel welcome at all. The SA's very not really interested in helping me and one of them actually answered a phone call while I was speaking with him, I found it quite rude and just went back to the other store.

Edit:
    I place an order for the Brown Bayfields and shell Daltons yesterday with shoe trees it totalled at $655, not too bad!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

15. jimney

jimney Senior member

Does anyone know if this is happening, or would the best bet be to try a custom order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.