Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Anyone own the Sheltons in a single color? I think a pair in all cappuccino or dark brown cordovan could be really nice looking

2. wurger

wurger Senior member

The rubber is very thin, not noticeable at all, it does wear down to leather, but they last a long time, and can be replaced by a cobbler.

3. delmar

delmar Senior member

It looks like they've dropped the price on the new Mojave chukkas. $295.00, I think they were $350.00 just a week ago. The olive ones look nice but I'm not crazy about crepe soles--they seem to soak up oil and grime like a sponge. But I'll go try on a pair before I pass final judgement.

I got my new Voyagers yesterday. Very comfortable, I'd walk the Inca Road in them.

4. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Ahh, beautiful rainbows! I wish I lived closer to the countryside where there are more opportunities to fish. I do not live close to a lake. Fishing is my favourite past-time and I have missed it greatly.

5. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

I was able to order Dalton's in chili back from when they were web gems as second - $199. Can't wait until they show up

6. SBear

SBear Senior member

Does anyone have the Portland boot? How does it fit (3 last, 333); e.g., vs PA/Strand?

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

It's a brand new boot. It was available, then pulled from the site and only out back up within the last few days. I don't think anyone has it in the hands yet

8. evolutionofRW

evolutionofRW Senior member

In appreciation of the current sale on RLs, here are mine after a few months of wear. I purchased them the last time the Shoebank had a sale and was actually looking to buy a pair of saunders this time around but unfortunately they didn't have the color I wanted.

[​IMG][/quote

Wait...the current AE sale that is going on includes shoes that they made for RL? My local AE outlet only carries the AE X Brooks Brothers callabos. How do I inquire about the AE RL's? Do I call the shoe bank?

9. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Nothing written on this thread could be more true! All the best to you fortunate calf-loving souls... [​IMG]

11. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

I think it's been asked by others before but the answers didn't seem that clear, how do the RL Sanderson fit compared to the AE 5-last shoes. I'm an 11D/E in the 5 last. Thanks!

12. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I received a catalog today from ae that was advertising their clothing options. I must say, as much as I love their shoes, the clothing doesn't do it for me. They did have a few pictures of the new shoe offerings for the fall which looked nice.

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

They are a tad shorter than the 5 last, but much narrower. I would just go up one width.

14. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

^^Thanks, Spitshine. Looking at your pics, I though I'd try to see if they have any Sandersons at the shoe bank.

15. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

So what is the process for getting a hold of the BB and RL collabs? Calling an outlet and asking what is available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.