Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettyLight

BrettyLight New Member

This is my 3rd pair of AE shoes in the last 3 weeks. The first pair were Chili Lasalles that I had to return because of a large gouge on the back of the shoe that I did not notice when I purchased them. Seeing I was initially fonder of the Strands, I exchanged the Lasalles’s for a pair of Walnut Strands. There was excessive wrinkling on the outside of the right shoe, but I figured it would smooth after a while. Well, after wearing them for a full 8-hour day, the heels started to separate from the soles – I returned them for another pair that I had to order. Now, my 3rd pair just arrived about 30min ago and I noticed there is an odd crease on the outside of the right shoe. I am very anal about things like this and it is going to drive me nuts. Would you guys consider this a defect or should I just get over myself and wear them?

As a side note - I had purchased all of these shoes from Nordstrom (two in-store and the 3rd pair was ordered from them). I will be travelling home this weekend and there is an AE store close by, I am thinking of stopping by and seeing if they have my size that doesn’t have any defects.

[​IMG]

2. brax

brax Senior member

I culled my AEs recently but these made the cut: loafers in #8 shell [​IMG] [​IMG] Opera pumps [​IMG] [​IMG] Wingtips in #8 cordovan that I intentionally exposed to a lot of sun to lighten them up a tad. [​IMG] [​IMG] Same wingtips in black cordovan [​IMG] [​IMG] Black cap-toes [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I should offer a #8 lightening service down here in Florida. The sun here is INTENSE and would do wonders quickly I'd guess.

4. wurger

wurger Senior member

5. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

What model names are these?

6. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Cold Iron... It's great you have a collection of AE shells in a boot, chukka and shoe. But boots and chukkas are kind of the same... but different, right? Well, so are balmorals and bluchers. So if you catch my drift, time to add bluchers into the mix ;)

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I love it actually, and wish that a more natural edge was used more often (or available as a non-MTO option on most shoes).

8. rc121

rc121 Senior member

having lived in florida and now in AZ, the sun here is far worse then anything I'd ever experienced. walking around on the beach in FL was pleasant, sitting outside by the pool here in the summer is excrutiating

9. green garden

green garden Senior member

Because you may not be able to order the LWB in cappuccino if you procrastinate! Alas, no more walnut! [​IMG]

I just pulled the trigger today and finalized my own MTO with Allison. I ended up choosing the Lexington (in cappuccino of course) so I'm counting weeks. Thank for all your help the last 2 days. I think I wouldn't have been able to feel comfortable with the decision without your pictures and comments.

You have a great collection my friend. It would be great to see those shell Bayfields broken-in. Keep wearing them in the best of health. [​IMG]

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

FYI Jos A Bank is having buy 1 get 2 free on shoe trees...comes out to around i think 8 bucks a pop b4 shipping.

EDIT: USE PROMO CODE SAVETWTY @ CHECKOUT FOR ANOTHER 20% OFF!!!

scratch that, it may not stack...im in the process of attempting a check out with everything stacked.

EDIT: This is what I learned, if you purchase 3 trees its does not stack...if you purchase between 4-5 trees you get 3 for 25 total, and 20% off the other 2...but if you jump up to 6 trees, once again it does not stack with B1G2 sale and the total for 6 would just be 50$.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

11. wurger

wurger Senior member

Since you are very anal as you said, if it makes you happy, just do a return. Even if myself and other members tell you otherwise, you probably do a return anyways. The crease isn't ideal, but I tolerance for shoes seems to be a lot higher compare to some others.

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Chester

13. brax

brax Senior member

Correct

14. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

Thanks for the update! I was just about to try it out myself.

+1. I'd probably just wear them, esp. if I'm already on my third pair. Besides, they don't seem that noticeable anyway (and may be easily minimized with a little lotion/wax). Nonetheless, if you still decide to return them, you might consider just getting a full refund or going to the store first to make sure that you can inspect the next pair carefully.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Just left jos a bank with 3 shoe trees, 3 suit hangers, 5 merino wool OTC socks & 1 wooden shoe horn for 80$...not bad I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.