• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score

Thats quite a color combo! Whats the reason for Red and White? School?

Yeah, school colors. But I thought it'd be fun to have these for seersucker or tan summer suits. They are definitely attention getting. These are better than white bucks, my blue Neumoks or blue suede with seersucker. I love them.

pudman43

Reaction score
Not sure if I missed the boat yet on this (sub)topic, but I have 13-14 pair of AE now, and I think only paid full price for one pair: my dark brown Strands. Loved them so much, seeing the pics online, I couldn't wait for a sale. All the rest have either been seconds (most), on sale, or through eBay. J

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold Iron,
You pleased with your delivery??
wink.gif
More than pleased! What a great job and great boot. So the reason I was able to get them without the poron insole according to Deborah yesterday is because even though they have the lug half sole they have a standard heel. She said that if I had wanted the lug heel too they would have had to do the poron insole to keep the balance and height the same as the original. Yes overall they are fantastic and then some! Covered in cream and I'm not going to strip them down all the way but have done a coat of Reno and water brushing for now and happy with the semi finished results. Busy schedule over the next 4 days but I'm going to do what I can to get a couple of pictures up soon. Along with a pair of the real Naval boot issued by USN
wink.gif
I have been going back and forth on the Alden X Leffot captoe Naval boots for a LONG time and I'm very thankful for the pictures you posted comparing them to your cappuccino Bayfield's. Thank you!

tampatravel

Reaction score
I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!

I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.

....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me

And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :)

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!

I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.

....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me

And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :)

Did you ever use AEs conditioner cleaner? If so how does it compare?

RossPirelli

Reaction score
Not sure if I missed the boat yet on this (sub)topic, but I have 13-14 pair of AE now, and I think only paid full price for one pair: my dark brown Strands. Loved them so much, seeing the pics online, I couldn't wait for a sale. All the rest have either been seconds (most), on sale, or through eBay. J
I have 7 pair of AE shoes. I paid full price for the first pair. I absolutely wanted all of these shoes and purchased most of them at a discounted price from either AE or Nordstrom. Not just because they were on sale. I can think of 2-3 more pair of AE shoes that I've been eying, but I'm patient. And, its not like I don't have any shoes to wear right now.

• Walnut Calf Strand $335
  • Black Park Ave $219
  • Brown 5th Ave $219
  • Merlot McAllister $249
  • Chili Strand $295 (web gem)
  • Walnut & Bone Broadstreet $295 (web gem)
  • Blue Neumok $169

tampatravel

Reaction score

Did you ever use AEs conditioner cleaner? If so how does it compare?

I have. Its very good too. I would say that Saphir is just as good but more concentrated...as in you use less. Of course that's makes sense as to why the Saphir jar is so small - think small squatty 1.7 oz cologne bottle size.

AE stuff is very good. They don't make anything like RenoMat however...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E conditioner can be a great aid for softening up leather too, for instance the vamp while breaking a shoe in. Just use sparingly on the toe box.

On another note, it is amazing when also used on the soles, to re-hydrate them. Especially after they have dried up from the rain.

Lastly, AE shoe shampoo will be the only Reno-Mat type product AE offers. It is less abrasive, but does the job of removing those old polish layers off...

Last edited:

DHD28

Reaction score
Heads up, AE site is offering $50 bucks off Cordovan Park Avenue, Strand, Patriot, and Jefferson as a Webgem special.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Received my shell Macneils today. They were seconds that I got from the shoe bank. There was some loose stitching in the heel area, which is the main problem with them. It's hard to believe that this big of a mistake could have happened during production. I'll keep them though as I do not see this being a major structural problem with the shoes. I can't wait to add them to the rotation.

Beautiful pair! How much do shells usually cost at the Shoe Bank?

Last edited:

mykoh

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm a huge fan of AE but living overseas i could only afford to buy and ship 1 pair (McAllister), but i'll be travelling to NYC/Boston/Washington this November, and I wanna make the most of my time there! Any recommendations where to go to get the best deal on AEs? I realise the AE outlet store is a little too far from where i'll be heading.

I'd love to get a Strand and/or a Mora in Bourbon and/or a MacNeil in Walnut. LOL

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads