Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Yeah, school colors. But I thought it'd be fun to have these for seersucker or tan summer suits. They are definitely attention getting. These are better than white bucks, my blue Neumoks or blue suede with seersucker. I love them.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Cold Iron,

You pleased with your delivery?? ;)

3. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Not sure if I missed the boat yet on this (sub)topic, but I have 13-14 pair of AE now, and I think only paid full price for one pair: my dark brown Strands. Loved them so much, seeing the pics online, I couldn't wait for a sale. All the rest have either been seconds (most), on sale, or through eBay. J

4. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

More than pleased! What a great job and great boot. So the reason I was able to get them without the poron insole according to Deborah yesterday is because even though they have the lug half sole they have a standard heel. She said that if I had wanted the lug heel too they would have had to do the poron insole to keep the balance and height the same as the original. Yes overall they are fantastic and then some! Covered in cream and I'm not going to strip them down all the way but have done a coat of Reno and water brushing for now and happy with the semi finished results. Busy schedule over the next 4 days but I'm going to do what I can to get a couple of pictures up soon. Along with a pair of the real Naval boot issued by USN [​IMG] I have been going back and forth on the Alden X Leffot captoe Naval boots for a LONG time and I'm very thankful for the pictures you posted comparing them to your cappuccino Bayfield's. Thank you!

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!

I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.

....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me

And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Did you ever use AEs conditioner cleaner? If so how does it compare?

7. RossPirelli

RossPirelli Member

I have 7 pair of AE shoes. I paid full price for the first pair. I absolutely wanted all of these shoes and purchased most of them at a discounted price from either AE or Nordstrom. Not just because they were on sale. I can think of 2-3 more pair of AE shoes that I've been eying, but I'm patient. And, its not like I don't have any shoes to wear right now.

• Walnut Calf Strand $335
    • Black Park Ave $219
    • Brown 5th Ave $219
    • Merlot McAllister $249
    • Chili Strand $295 (web gem)
    • Walnut & Bone Broadstreet $295 (web gem)
    • Blue Neumok $169

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I have. Its very good too. I would say that Saphir is just as good but more concentrated...as in you use less. Of course that's makes sense as to why the Saphir jar is so small - think small squatty 1.7 oz cologne bottle size.

AE stuff is very good. They don't make anything like RenoMat however...

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

E conditioner can be a great aid for softening up leather too, for instance the vamp while breaking a shoe in. Just use sparingly on the toe box.

On another note, it is amazing when also used on the soles, to re-hydrate them. Especially after they have dried up from the rain.

Lastly, AE shoe shampoo will be the only Reno-Mat type product AE offers. It is less abrasive, but does the job of removing those old polish layers off...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

The one and only Strand after some wax paste and Venetian Shoe Crème

[​IMG]

11. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Heads up, AE site is offering $50 bucks off Cordovan Park Avenue, Strand, Patriot, and Jefferson as a Webgem special.

12. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

You can't go wrong with that one! Looking good.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

thanks Dr!

14. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

Beautiful pair! How much do shells usually cost at the Shoe Bank?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

15. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i'm a huge fan of AE but living overseas i could only afford to buy and ship 1 pair (McAllister), but i'll be travelling to NYC/Boston/Washington this November, and I wanna make the most of my time there! Any recommendations where to go to get the best deal on AEs? I realise the AE outlet store is a little too far from where i'll be heading.

I'd love to get a Strand and/or a Mora in Bourbon and/or a MacNeil in Walnut. LOL

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.