Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

The look of list says to me that you keep an inventory of your shoes?? Or is that something that you just whipped up?

Shoe Mart field trip that cost you $399 sounds like you got some Alden shell seconds...[​IMG]

2. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

I think somebody is not quite getting it... If you still don't get it after this post let me know and I'll fill you in.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

3. chinngiskhaan

LOL... It was a bit tongue in cheek (I didn't really think they would lower the price obviously), but you hit the nail right on the head...

4. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

My AEs, all of which were purchased well below MSRP.

Walnut Strand
    MTO Neumok
    Tan Suede Neumok
    Brown Glasgow
    Tan Cronmok
    Chili Regent Street which then turned into a MTO Chili McAllister
    Brown Hampton

This doesnt include the two pair of Cole Haans that were also purchased under the full-price MSRP.

Im a bargain hunter and hate paying full price and/or shipping costs.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

5. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

I've only paid full price for my walnut McAllisters. Other than that it's all been seconds and closeouts.

Is Bayfields a good deal at $167? Closeout firsts. I'm not 100% about my size since they apparently have a poron insole. I'm 11.5 3E in 5 and 1 lasts, they're not a perfect fit but as close as I'll get without doing bespoke as I have really weird feet.

6. chinngiskhaan

I got my only pair of AE's, Walnut New Orleans for 250$, and I couldn't be happier. Knowing now the quality of AE shoes, I'm fully prepared to pay full price for my next pair of shoes which will likely be the fifth street in brown. This forum, and the quality, look, and SMELL of my current AEs has made me a lifer.

7. jch1

jch1 Senior member

If I didn't have Jeffersons in standard brown calf, or if the webgems were for cappucino shell, I would have ordered them immediately. I wonder if AE would consider giving me the webgem price for a pair of cappucino shell jeffersons. Also, why did they decide to go with Jeffersons as opposed to McAllisters?

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Sadly, its just something I whipped up from my head. However, it's a little shocking to see what I've spent on shoes in the past year. I didn't include the RL Sandersons and BB Alden Scotch Grain that I flipped on eBay.

You're right on - I got some Alden PTBs (duh...PLAIN TOE) in #8 [​IMG]

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Exhibit A to the statement made by Rydenfan that with a little work AE shell can be on par with Alden shell finish. Outstanding job Shouldaville, they look great!

10. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

PSA to 9.5EEE people in need of boots: there's 1 pair of Fifth Street boots in brown at 6pm.com incorrectly listed as 9.5B on the website, for $238: http://www.6pm.com/allen-edmonds-fifth-street-brown-burnished-calf I was pumped to get these boots in 9.5B, only to find that they had sent me 9.5EEE (despite the box saying 9.5B), so I sent them back. A day later they are relisted at 9.5B again and I can only assume these are the same ones I had, once again incorrectly marked! I didn't even bother trying them on but they looked to be in perfect condition.

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I just paid $350 a few weeks ago to Lands End for my replacement pair of CXL Bayfields. AE purchased my CXL ones back for what I paid originally which was $220. I feel they are still worth it at retail personally so for $167?! If you don't wear medium weight or heavy wool socks or do a LOT of walking in them TTS should still work IMO. Going up a half size in length worked better for me, but doesn't mean it will for you.
    Yes the difference is pretty small and I do not think it would expose any more of your ankles, but I understand totally and will see what I can do get you a picture sooner than later. But if you end up getting those Lex you have to post a picture of them [​IMG] I have a narrow heel and low instep, I'm flat footed enough that I wear inserts in all my shoes and boots and the townley fits very much like my Leeds if not identical.

12. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    OUTSTANDING SALE - LABOR DAY WEEKEND:

[​IMG]
    DALTONS - Normally around $400 - SAVE $200.

[​IMG]

All my best,

David

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Typically the webgem price is honored only if it is exactly as the webgem is. As an example I was going to order my Walnut cordovan Daltons with a different sole; however, that would exclude them from the webgem original price. The cost difference was not justifiable to me so I ordered them exactly as the webgem had been. I personally love the look of the Jefferson and really like the dark brown cordovan as well. I had been contemplating a pair of Leeds but may have to go this direction instead.

14. njruss

njruss Senior member

Have not paid full price for any of my 6 pairs. All are seconds from the shoebank or jville except for the McAllisters (Amazon) and WInslow (ebay, brand new but 20 years old - never worn before I got them).

Shoe Retail Paid
    Elgin 295 125
    Walnut grain PA 345 125
    McAllister 345 198
    LaSalle 295 129
    MLB Sandlot NYY 125 19
    Winslow ?? 80

15. njruss

njruss Senior member

Have not paid full price for any of my 6 pairs. All are seconds from the shoebank or jville except for the McAllisters (Amazon) and WInslow (ebay, brand new but 20 years old - never worn before I got them).

Shoe Retail Paid
    Elgin 295 125
    Walnut grain PA 345 125
    McAllister 345 198
    LaSalle 295 129
    MLB Sandlot NYY 125 19
    Winslow ?? 80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.