1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

2. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

Gotcha. I think I paid around $230 for my seconds and the flaw is pretty insignificant. They are extremely comfortable and I really like them (but my Walnut Strands remain my favorite).

3. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Gorgeous!

4. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Haha... My bad! They looked to mevery much like the lighter ones comparing the photos. Apologies!

5. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Worth another requote. Damn.

Very excited for my MTO MacNeils.

6. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I got a pair of walnut Strand 2nds, which I believe were 2nds because there was still a slug of leather in one of the perforations. It was easy enough to remove with a needle, but now the inside of that hole is tan instead of black. Can I just use a Q-tip or something to add some black shoe cream in there?

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

We're at piggy's right now. Not bad!

Doing a concert at the jazz festival at the university here tomorrow night. Come down if you're free! I'll hook you up with a ticket.

8. peppercorn78

Lol no worries! Say hi to my old strands for me.

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Damn Cali, you always seem to nail your shoes and boots dead solid. Great job once again! You know I still I still don't own a pair of LWB's [​IMG] You are not helping me in that regards, what beautiful shoes!

10. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

To a certain extent, you could. Most rewards cards can yield Visa points or Zappos giftcards.

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it [​IMG] No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will likely will have to spend the night there? No complaints here though!

12. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

Those are quite possibly the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen on this thread.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

14. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

It was nice to put a face to the name Vincenzo. He has been such a help to me these past couple of years in getting what I am looking for from AE. It is cool to see how young he and the VP/Controller were. Love seeing the young Mayor. As a 36 year old elected County Executive myself, I know young people can make it in politics and elective office. I too want to visit P.W., even more now after seeing this video. Being the Mayor of P.W., I wonder if he has more AE shoes than I do. 28 pairs with 1 on the way….

Interesting side note, I met the Wisconsin Governor recently, and he was wearing AEs. I commented that they looked like AEs, and he said that is all he wears; except for when he is wearing his cowboy boots. :)

15. BWV988

BWV988 Senior member

16. evolved

evolved Senior member

17. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Thanks!

Thanks...

Thanks Cold Iron. The LWB's are very comfortable... worth a try!

Thanks

I wondered why my MTO took so long. Too bad they didn't offer me the one with defects for a discount. I would've bought it instead.
    Worth a look, the shoe looks better in person than in the pics.

No, as BWV988 said, they must be the first run of my MTO.

18. peppercorn78

Well, unfortunately not a hint of southern rock in this set. The university band will play a few songs, and then our quintet (I'm the saxophonist, but not the leader) will close the concert. It will be quite modern, I'm afraid. ;)

I really wouldn't want you to go to any trouble, especially if the weather's bad. Was half-joking to be honest, although it WOULD be great to meet you in person! And will be wearing my new shell AE MTO :)

If it's too hairy to make the trek, one of my own concerts is being broadcast on NPR this weekend. So if you have a radio handy, that may be a much more manageable commute!

Will send a PM with my phone number

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Just gave FAs a quick buff with brush and towel. I've been wearing it for the past 7 months, practically every other day - 2 or 3 times a week. These are definitely my workhorse shoes since it goes well, at least to me, with suits or business casual ensembles, albeit not too casual though.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Last time I checked Amazon have them in all sizes for $245. I bought one in 3E and they fit perfectly; mines' lacing gap becomes less and less as they get broken in (I've been wearing them at least twice a week in the office this winter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.