1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

The Bayfield has a poron insole. I am normally a 10D in the 1 and 5 last with the exception being a 9.5D in the rough collection. I had the CXL Bayfield in 10D for 2 years and the black calf in 10D for a year. They fit OK with thinner socks but at the end of the day if I walked long distances I looked forward to taking them off. When I had my MTO Bayfields done I told Deborah that and she said they didn't fit and purchased them back from me for what I paid for them. She told me she didn't want me to have any AE shoes or boots that didn't fit perfectly. We talked about my foot and how it fit different lasts and she felt because of the poron insole a 10.5D would fit me perfectly, she said the way my foot is shaped it would move the widest part of the boot forward enough to where the ball of my foot is. I had my doubts but she sent me 10.5D and 10E. Sure enough just like she said the 10.5 D black calf fit me perfectly. When talking to her about options she said I could have them made without the poron insoles so I went TTS in 10D. But someone else on here was told that he could not have them made without poron insoles and I think he went up a half size. Bucksfan on the other hand went up a width in his CXL so he could wear them with a bit heavier socks. In my case that caused heel slip.

2. OlafG

OlafG Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I called one of the outlets and they had a pair of Bayfields in brown in what is my 5 and 1 last size. Going up a width is not an option since I'm already at 3E.

Can anyone comment on the fit of 333 last compared to 1 and 5? I remember trying the Neumora in my normal size and it was a bad fit, but I think it might be because monk straps aren't really accommodating for high instep feet. I'm liking the look of those Portlands and might get a pair later this year.

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

I'm looking to buy my eighth pair of AE shoes. I'd like to buy the Daltons and would like advice on size and color.

• Is the fit true to its size?
    • I plan on wearing these shoes with jeans (specifically raw demin). Which color do you suggest: walnut, bourbon, or dark chocolate?

4. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

Can anyone comment on how phone orders are processed at the outlets? I placed a phone order this morning and they took down my CC info, email etc. but I haven't gotten a confirmation email and my CC hasn't been charged yet. Does it normally take a little time to process the orders or should I call and follow up? I'm not used to this old school ordering system...

Purchases were Neumok in snuff suede and Dalton in bourbon in case anyone was wondering!

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

They fit TTS for me. I (gasp) own 4 pairs of Daltons in addition to the Long Branches and they all fit well TTS. I think the walnut and bourbon add a nice contrast to dark raw denim. To me, the dark chocolate or even the burgundy shell Daltons are dressier. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

6. rc121

rc121 Senior Member

I've had to call back to Jeffersonville about asking for a tracking number. I think they just don't normally send a confirmation or tracking unless you call and request it. The shoebank however sent me a confirmation right when I got off the phone. i think it depends where you ordered from and who took the order.

7. JoeFromTexas

JoeFromTexas Member

Just wanted to drop an update, they're up to $34 (I started at 99 cents, let the market decide their worth) and the auction ends tomorrow. They may end up being a steal.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Great news!! Looking forward to seeing them

9. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

How does the rutledge fit compared to other shoes, preferably compared to the 5 last?

10. BCer

BCer Senior Member

Gorgeous shoes. Why would you be parting with them though?? I've got a 'watch' going on them...

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

I have found the 2 last to be nothing short of miserable. I have tried on the shoe in question and didn't care for it.

12. basiameda

basiameda Active Member

13. fastfiat81

fastfiat81 Active Member

My contribution to this thread. :) RL Saunders and Stratford Both in snuff suede.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

Beautiful. Is the Stratford made by AE also?

15. branman1986

branman1986 New Member

I wear a 12EEE in Strand and Park Ave in the 5 last and just bought the 12EEE Rutledge which I tried on yesterday. The Rutledge seems to have a slightly higher instep and slightly narrower toe box. The Rutledge fits me absolutely perfectly and are super comfortable, best fit other than the Neumok for my feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.