Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Ah, I completely missed that.

2. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Pish Posh. These are a complete travesty. I showed a few patients of mine pictures of them and moments later they suffered from hysterical blindness. With all of the procedures that must be done, I will make enough $ to purchase a pair, which I guess I will...to possibly illicit such reactions in the future (shhh, don't tell my patients this condition will resolve on its own).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

MWS, you have never owned a suede shoe?? Dies that include, boots, chukkas, etc. as well?

4. MoneyWellSpent

Correct. [​IMG]

I'm missing out on something huh?

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I have three pair of suede shoes from AE. Cambridge in brown, Malvern in brown, and Amok in Snuff. The Malverns and Amoks are great but the suede on the Cambridge model seems to be different. I've literally only wore the Cambridge shoes 3-4 times because the suede looks bad. It has little to no nap but on the toes the suede is stiff and it looks like it perpetually shedding. I've given then a good brushing but so far it hasn't helped. Now that it's getting fall i'm going to get them back out and see if I can work on them again.

6. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

lol... yeah... I just about had an aneurysm. Even worse, I work at a mental hospital and showed some of the patients a picture of them... and well... lets just say that a few of the patients I work with are mostly bald, and I might not be working here for much longer. Anything over 99$ a pair is most unreasonable!

7. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Just wanted to confirm with everyone -I called the shoe bank today to get a return label. They said they now charge $10 for the return label or I will just have to pay to ship it back?

8. MoneyWellSpent

Well, it was fun while it lasted. [​IMG]

9. SBear

SBear Senior member

Mine as well; a crease just barely on the toe side of the seem (not actually in the captoe or in the medallion). Like most people, your left foot is probably a bit larger than your right. This, and possible slight differences in gait between your feet, are likely contributors. It doesn't crease the medallion for me. So, I'm happy and see this as a non-issue. You might be able to fiddle with different lengths and widths to avoid this but I'm not sure the shoes will be comfortable doing that and you might end up creating other problems.

10. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

It's OK. I mean I don't mine it when I'm getting great service and the shoes at an awesome price.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes! I am a big suede fan. My ranking of most worn is:

1. shell
    2. suede
    3.cxl/calf

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

My ranking of most worn is

1. shell
    2. shell
    3. shell
    4. calf

haha!

13. MoneyWellSpent

I've certainly thought about some models in suede, but just haven't ever followed through. No solid reason, just the way it's worked out. I had a couple of pairs of oiled nubuck bluchers once upon a time, but that's the closest I've come.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  14. bjspicer

bjspicer New Member

Hey guys, first time poster here.

I just picked up a pair of McTavish in Natural Wax and am having trouble picking a belt. I did a few google searches (some of which led me here) that suggested pretty much any color tan or brown belt will go with the shoes, and that the belt does not need to be an exact match, especially in casual settings. Any of you guys with these shoes have any suggestions, be it AE brand belts or otherwise? Thanks in advance.

15. crizq0

crizq0 Member

I need to get me a pair of those. I already have walnut strands but I really want to get some walnut mcallisters or dalton's. Decisions decisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.