• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBear

Reaction score

How long did it take on average for them to answer you back ? Emailed yesterday night and still didnt get an answer back so Im wondering if theyre currently receiving too many emails or if mine just went under the radar.

About 4 hours

drcharlie

Reaction score

How long did it take on average for them to answer you back ? Emailed yesterday night and still didnt get an answer back so Im wondering if theyre currently receiving too many emails or if mine just went under the radar.

I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
FedEx came early. Here are my bourbon Dalton 2nds straight out of the box. Can't really find any major defects yet! VERY HAPPY! In the 3rd picture thought I might as well show these off in front of my own bourbon.
biggrin.gif

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY AE SHOULD JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF THEIR SHOES AND POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE! IT TOOK DJ TRAVELER NO TIME AT ALL TO POST THE PIC, AND IT TOOK AE DARN NEAR A MONTH TO PUT UP THE BOURBON DALTON FAKE PICTURE!

ON TOP OF THAT... THE BOOTS IN THIS PICTURE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, NOT SO MUCH FOR THE AE WEBSITE PICTURE.

AE IS A HANDFUL OF REAL WEBSITE PICTURES AWAY FROM HAVING PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
and this crap about the pictures is getting really annoying. We get it, it was addressed in this thread along time ago and you've brought it up enough. Just move on...

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked jville store if they would give me TangerStyle 20% Off on closeout style. They said NO !
A bit disappointed. I purchased 10 pairs of shoes from jville store this year(so far).
On a another note they have shipped my LaSalle in chilli and Rl Illford today.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
The all caps response seems a bit aggressive...

sorry about the all caps... it was just coincidental. didn't think much about it being in all caps.

Just so everyone knows. I'm not bagging on AE. I just think thats the last step they have to take towards customer service perfection. Anyone can see by looking at the pictures you fellas post on here how much such simple pictures would benefit AE's website.

I realize i'm being repetitive... but well... but nothing I guess.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those bourbon daltons look great! Making me think about getting a pair...

Something I've noticed while looking at stock pics of the Walnut Dalton in calf compared to people's real life pics is that the amount of burnishing varies.  It almost always seem the burnished toe looks darker in stock pictures.  Is this true for people who own these? Do they come with less of a burnished look, or does the burnishing go away after wear/maintenance/polishing?

My experience is just the opposite. The only reservation I had about keeping my recently purchased calf Walnut Dalton's is that the burnishing was darker than I expected. I don't particularly care for the burnishing but I absolutely love the boot and since I got it on sale there was no way I was sending them back.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
How does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.

They told me it would probably be about a month. That's fine with me, since they are willing to honor the sale price price.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.

I went with the same size as my Daltons (1-last). They fit okay, but I probably could have gone a half size down to get a snugger fit. Not sure if it is the last or that it is unlined. The leather is quite thin and soft so it gives quite a bit and conforms to your foot. Feels like wearing slippers. Good luck.

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
Picked up these Aberdeen's in Tan .. most comfortable AE's I've had right out of the box, maybe the rubber sole?

ayoungs

Reaction score
I just received two pairs of seconds from the Jeffersonville Outlet. A pair of Adams, and LaSalle’s both 14E.
I love the Adams, they feel like slippers and the leather is so soft. The LaSalles will need a little breaking in, I can deal with that for $129.
I also am on the third week with a MTO pair of Winter Parks in Merlot. They feel and fit fantastic.

Here are some photos, pardon the iPhone picture quality and my picture taking abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads