Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBear

SBear Senior member

About 4 hours

2. drcharlie

drcharlie Well-Known Member

I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.

3. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY AE SHOULD JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF THEIR SHOES AND POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE! IT TOOK DJ TRAVELER NO TIME AT ALL TO POST THE PIC, AND IT TOOK AE DARN NEAR A MONTH TO PUT UP THE BOURBON DALTON FAKE PICTURE!

ON TOP OF THAT... THE BOOTS IN THIS PICTURE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, NOT SO MUCH FOR THE AE WEBSITE PICTURE.

AE IS A HANDFUL OF REAL WEBSITE PICTURES AWAY FROM HAVING PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The all caps response seems a bit aggressive...

5. rc121

rc121 Senior member

and this crap about the pictures is getting really annoying. We get it, it was addressed in this thread along time ago and you've brought it up enough. Just move on...

6. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I asked jville store if they would give me TangerStyle 20% Off on closeout style. They said NO !
    A bit disappointed. I purchased 10 pairs of shoes from jville store this year(so far).
    On a another note they have shipped my LaSalle in chilli and Rl Illford today.

7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

aggressive like stitching on true religion jeans?

8. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

sorry about the all caps... it was just coincidental. didn't think much about it being in all caps.

Just so everyone knows. I'm not bagging on AE. I just think thats the last step they have to take towards customer service perfection. Anyone can see by looking at the pictures you fellas post on here how much such simple pictures would benefit AE's website.

I realize i'm being repetitive... but well... but nothing I guess.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Hilarious

10. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

My experience is just the opposite. The only reservation I had about keeping my recently purchased calf Walnut Dalton's is that the burnishing was darker than I expected. I don't particularly care for the burnishing but I absolutely love the boot and since I got it on sale there was no way I was sending them back.

11. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

How does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.

12. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

They told me it would probably be about a month. That's fine with me, since they are willing to honor the sale price price.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I went with the same size as my Daltons (1-last). They fit okay, but I probably could have gone a half size down to get a snugger fit. Not sure if it is the last or that it is unlined. The leather is quite thin and soft so it gives quite a bit and conforms to your foot. Feels like wearing slippers. Good luck.

14. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Picked up these Aberdeen's in Tan .. most comfortable AE's I've had right out of the box, maybe the rubber sole?

[​IMG]

15. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

I just received two pairs of seconds from the Jeffersonville Outlet. A pair of Adams, and LaSalle’s both 14E.
    I love the Adams, they feel like slippers and the leather is so soft. The LaSalles will need a little breaking in, I can deal with that for $129.
    I also am on the third week with a MTO pair of Winter Parks in Merlot. They feel and fit fantastic.

Here are some photos, pardon the iPhone picture quality and my picture taking abilities.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.