Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Anyone have any info on the AE Mojave? Just saw it on the AE web site. Unlined Chukka with what looks like a crepe sole, on a new boot last. Comes in three suedes and brown leather. Very interesting. And I was just looking for a chukka....

2. jch1

jch1 Senior member

What color are the Saunders? Could you post some pics?

3. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I'd love to see these- thanks in advance!

4. evolved

evolved Senior member

They look nice, but $350 for an unlined chukka with a crepe sole that's not shell? Just go with a pair of Clarks for $100. Mine have been bulletproof.

5. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

I agree that $350 is steep. I have, however, never been a big fan of the clarks version. The stance of the eyelets always seemed off to me. I'll wait till these have a deep discount as seconds during some sale, and might try and pair then

6. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

While taking a look at the Mojaves, I noticed that those split toe boots AE added aren't on the boots page anymore. What gives?

7. drcharlie

drcharlie Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Brooks Brothers Presidio available on the 2nds sale is the one on the brooksbrothers website called "Penny Loafers", item # MH00026, with an MSRP of $368? The "Penny Loafers" on the BB website have a leather sole with the BB 3X triple stripe repp toppy. The Allen Edmonds Presidio loafers had a rubber sole. The BB "Penny Loafers" look really nice if they can be had for $109 in the 2nds sale. Also, does anyone know how to fit the Brooks Brothers Presidio. I was thinking that I would go with my same length as the Park Ave/Strand but go one size wider in width.

8. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Wine looks awesome. I'd be interested in seeing how shiny they are in person.

9. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

No seconds available for Long Branch Dark Brown in 11D. They offered 20% off the firsts...

I wonder if I could get away with a different size in these, or take them up on the offer....

I'm 11D in Strand and Fifth Ave which are a little snug in the ball of my feet, but not uncomfortable.

10. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Never sacrifice fit for a discount. I guarantee you'll regret it later and sell the shoes at a loss. I've made the mistake.

11. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

Thanks! I just meant that maybe the Long Branch would fit differently...

12. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Except for the crepe sole and two additional colors (can't speak of the last), they look virtually identical to the Amoks which are still available for $99. Even if you were to resole the Amoks with the crepe sole at J Nelson right out of the box, that would still be around $220 for pair.

13. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Wow...I was floored by how ridiculous this shoe looked when I first saw the blue version, but the wine is pretty nice and the brown is gorgeous.

Wine:
    [​IMG]

Brown:
    [​IMG]

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

You have a great looking family which is well taken care of. The work on your Bayfield's really has paid off. I'm thinking it was a picture of your Long Branch's in an airport not long ago that made me a double take. First picture of the Long Branch that really tempted me to consider a pair, they looked like they could glow in the dark. I already own so many wingtips though. Thanks for sharing and wear them all in good health and much pride.

15. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

That is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. But I have been trying to get my hands on a pair of Amok's for almost a month, and no one has anything left in my size, in any of the colors, in either firsts or seconds. Was really hoping for a snuff suede in 12D. Nothing. at $100, it's a great deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.