Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Nothing jumps out at me either. I think the Tresana was the best of the bunch. I'm glad I got them when I did.

Also, first day wearing my new Burgundy Shell Macneil's. They are fantastic! Fit is better than the Alden LWB I lusted over for all these years (but couldn't get a good fit). I ended up with an 11.5D rather than an 11E that I'd previously thought. My feet were swimming in the 11E but the 11D were too tight. SA recommended I try a 11.5D since my feet aren't all that wide but I have a high instep/high volume foot. He was right.

Couldn't be more pleased.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Trying to decide if I like the chiseled toe on the Larchmont as compared with the more classic RL Sanderson (made by AE) or the AE Williams. Any thoughts?

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

If you don't own any chisel toes, it would certainly add a touch of variety. Both are aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

5. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

FYI Fifth Street boots (firsts) are on sale for $199 on allenedmonds.com, sizes limited.

6. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

That Larchmont is pretty, to be sure. It's apparently built on the new 3 last, though the toe really resembles my Soho's.

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

LOL I think they are being teases. The descriptions are up, and if they are using the brown shell that they use for the Strand in cordovan (which I liken to an "espresso" sort of), they might be my next purchases. The Dundee and McAllister in particular sound great!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

8. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Argh! I was about to pull the trigger on the Malvern in brown burnished calf last night, size 14D. Would have been my first shoe from AE. It seemed like a great value at $200, but now that size isn't an option on the website. Although I did notice that the largest size available right now is 15, whereas even a few hours ago it was 12, so it seems like these things are constantly changing.

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Call a store, they should be able to help.

10. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

I have been eying a pari of nice, but mildly casual dress shoes. I wanted a pair of Grenson Sid, but them being made in India is sort of off-putting.
    What do you guys think of the AE Elgin?
    Also, any idea if AE ever has sale?

11. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Quote:
    I have the Strands in brown shell, so I was hoping for a different shade of brown. I guess the tease is working, eh?

12. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

Picked up a pair of Black Hills. It's the "Walnut Saddle Waxy Leather," I take it I don't follow the normal shoe care like I do my walnut strands? What products would you guys use for this kind of leather?

[​IMG]

13. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I would guess something like Montana Pitch Blend?

14. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Depends on how you want it. If you want it more ruff and keep it waxy I would recommend Obenaufs LP, but by the look of the leather, it's not impossible to get a shine with some reno and wax. I personally go for both on my waxy chelsea boots; treat them with obenaufs with a good shine on the toes. :teach:

15. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

eh? lol I am a noob when it comes to shoe shining...I only shine my calf skin shoes in which I just use AE shoe cream polish and that's it. I emailed AllenEdmonds and they told me to just use Saddle soap...does this mean I just use saddle soap and that's it? That doesn't sound correct....especially with all the products everyone else is suggesting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.