Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

What's the final damages? NOrdies Rack has the trees for $12.90 on sale sometimes.

2. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I thought that was their all the time price?

3. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

It is. The sale price is $9.90

And before anyone asks...yes, they are made by Woodlore, and Allen Edmonds company.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

4. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up! This sounds like a great deal. Actually, the STWD8313 code doesn't seem to work. I used EB081313B to get 35% off and got a free shipping using an app, just as you said. With $27 in-store credit from Sierra, I ended up paying $5 for three sets of trees!

5. rc121

rc121 Senior member

so I had my local AE bring in a pair of the new hanovers in black to try on and I went in yesterday when they came in. Let me preface my statements with my disdain for black shoes but I've constantly been looking for getting a pair that catches my eye for those occasions where one might have to wear a black shoe.

I really liked the look of the shoe on the website but not as much in person. I think my really wide width (eee) threw off the proportions of the shoe, which were more readily apparent in the wholecut. I have the larchmonts and really love their shape, but I think the broguing helps mask some of the shape issues. My thought is that these shoes would be great for a person with a narrow or standard width foot, but I just couldn't talk myself into getting them. I may try on the bourbon color just to see if it was possibly my aversion to black shoes effecting my view on the shoe, but I'm not holding out hope.

6. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Thanks for the report. The day they hit the website, I contacted Allen Edmonds to see about sizing... but was told the 333 last doesn't exist in AA widths so I was out of luck. I hope the bourbon works out for you.

7. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

I have to admit I prefer the shape of the Aldens. Besides liking the shorter boot with more eyelets, the way the heel sorta "sticks out" in the back compared to the ankle just looks less stiff than the more upright AE boot.

Any clue how the Alden Naval Boots differ from these from J.Crew?

8. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Late September.

9. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

So after a lot of phone tag, I finally heard back from Allison regarding my 3 questionable McAllisters.

She said she was going to bring my 3rd pair in and have a powwow with the heads of quality and even Paul himself. Besides agreeing that all the other defects weren't right, they determined that the ridges were indeed not ideal and something they wanted to look into remedying. The ridge is indeed from the lower piece of leather showing through, so she is working with the designers to come up with a new pattern where this doesn't happen. She said they'll make two uppers with this new pattern to try to yield a pair without the ridge, and she will personally inspect it before sending me the 4th attempt. I asked if this was a custom makeup or if they were looking into incorporating this permanently to the McAllister, and she said for now it would just be for me but if it works out they would consider doing it for all McAllisters.

I'm very happy how seriously she took this. I basically wanted a pair with less of a ridge, so would've been fine with her just finding one that looked better. Instead, she took it upon herself to not only make me happy but also possibly tweak the model for the future. Additionally, I was given a gift card to make up for waiting a few months to get this resolved.

Anyway, add this story to the numerous other examples of great customer service from Allen Edmonds.

10. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Right, but Nordstrom Rack doesn't get them delivered to your door. Moreover, with the additional 35% off and free shipping the trees from Sierra end up costing $11.9 delivered.

11. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Awesome story. I wish Grangaard and Allison could be CEO of Apple, in addition to AE. He seems to understand quality and service unlike any other other American companies out there. Bravo, once again, AE.

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Congrats!! They look even better than I had hoped they would. I can't wait to get that call from AE that mine are on the way but for now I will have to settle for staring at yours.... [​IMG]

13. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Thanks. Just wanted the OP to give us the TTL price. A lot of times people get great deals but they end up trading credits/coupons/miles etc, which is not a deal many of us can replicate.

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

And they look outstanding, congrats! A lot of new cappuccino going around in this thread lately [​IMG]

15. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Can mirror shines be accomplished on Calfskin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.