1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

I had this on the first pair that I purchased. I wore them about 3 times and the bowing was just too much. Thankfully, AE had me send them back, inspected them and offered a replacement even though they had been worn. My second pair doesn't have this issue. I had to size down from 8E (Strand) to 7.5E in the Kenilworth.

2. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is very helpful information!

3. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Is the difference between the Strand/McAllister/others quantifiable, or is it just "different?" I ask because I like the 8.5 EEE in the Park Avenue, and I have recently ordered 8.5 EEE in the Strand and 9 EEE in the McAllister. Wondering if that should be close (I guess we'll know in a few days).

4. OptoDoc

Just ordered a couple of Seconds from the current sale:

Neumok, brown calf ($119)

Fifth Street, black calf ($199)

Kelsey at the Jeffersonville location offered me $100 off the Neumok's, since the Fifth Street didn't qualify for the 50/100 off deal due to it's already being discounted.

5. OptoDoc

I'd say the difference between the McAllister & Strand is more "different" than "quantifiable". I wear an 8E in both, but the McAllister is noticeably roomier and I believe I could have gone with an 8D if I had been willing to return them. The Kenilworth's fit is quantifiable to me, as I had to size down to a 7.5E to make it work (and even so it is not a perfect fit).

In your case, I don't think sizing up in the McAllister is the right way to go.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  6. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Okay, I appreciate the feedback. I only sized up due to availability (seconds sale), and was thinking about returning one pair anyway. I'll report back on my experiences with fit once they arrive.

7. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

Good morning, fellas. I've got an off topic boot care question, I hope you will oblige me. I'll post a gratuitous shot of my AE family for your troubles.

First, a question about my RedWing Iron Rangers. I dinged the toe, any suggestions on how to deal with this? Should I attempt to glue the flap down, or just leave it be?

Second, my wife has some not often (ever) cared for Frye boots with a distressed finish. I want to condition and possibly polish these, any suggestions on what product(s) to use? AE leather lotion seems to light. Does anyone use Skidmore's here? I use it on my Iron Rangers and it seems to really soften the leather.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

Don't start on shell cordovan until your bank account is ready for a beating though - once you start with one pair, they seem to find a way of multiplying. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

MTO finally arrived! I had to wait a bit longer than expected, but they are just in time to greet the New Year.

Cappuccino Lexington (1 last)
    Tone on Tone stitching
    Standard Leather Insole
    Flat Chili Welt
    Light Brown Transparent Wheeled Edge (like 1635)
    Double JR sole

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Wear them in good health.

11. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

dude, I get that you are excited and that is great, nothing wrong with that, but lets try to keep the language clean yeah? It's a free country, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't use that language. Thanks in advance and congrats on your MTO!

12. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

So, an update on my experience with the price adjustment. I called them a few minutes ago and told them what had taken place. I asked if I could get a price adjustment, she asked for my debit card info and said it would be done in the next 20 minutes or so. Saved 50$ in about 1 minute of talking on the phone. Add my name to the long list of people who are supremely satisfied by AE customer service!

13. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of MTO invoices went out on Friday! Glad they are all starting to roll in!

14. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

Yeah there are children reading about 500 dollar formal dress shoes! [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Ummm... no.

I mean really. It's one thing to keep language clean if talking about someone else or having an argument. But me saying, effectively "fuck yeah!" ?... just no.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    2 people like this.
  16. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

17. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

.5 & .5 & .5

Those are some sweet sweet shoes. Or should I say Sexy Lexi's?

That makes me want to wear my Townley's tomorrow. Townley Tuesday? Hmm...

18. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

J/K, buddy! haha

19. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Yeah, those Lexingtons are gorgeous. I might be in the minority who think that cap toe looks better on bluchers than on balmorals. The Lexington/Townley is a nicer shoe than the Strand (which is pretty of course, just not my taste).

The brown shell is making me super eager for my brown shell Neumoks. I'm kind of hoping they will secretly be coming with my Banchory's. They had already been invoiced, but then sent back for replacement, so I don't know if I'll have notification of their next shipping date. They should be expletive'ing awesome as well. I'm expletive'ing excited.

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

What are we all, blushing maidens in here? I'm all for civil discourse, but let's not be too sensitive...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.