• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor

Reaction score

Nice collection, Pastor. That looks like it was the product of an awful lot of preaching. 

In addition to pastoring a church I also teach part time at a University.

Pastor

Reaction score

great way of storage and won't have any troubles of finding any pair!

I'm not sure where I got the idea from but I like it. I use to keep all my shoes in their boxes and then I lost some of those and I had shoes without a box. I wanted a way for all of my shoes to be organized and protected. It's also worth mentioning that I'm just a tad bit OCD.

I did my wife's shoes the same way.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my MTO on Thursday, so I took a few pictures to share with you guys today. I know some of you got your custom orders in 4 weeks or so, but these took longer than expected - 10 weeks. Ordered them right around Memorial Day, so I've been waiting on these for pretty much the whole summer.

AE Leeds in brown burnished calf, w/ poron insoles and titan rubber soles:

I like this shoe. I like the Leeds in brown and the titan rubber soles and poron will certainly make them more comfortable. AE need to do a plain toe blucher like these in their regular collection.

Chris

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just moved into a new place with a lot more closet space so I finally have all my shoes (well, almost all my shoes) in one place. I've been storing my shoes in the off seasons. Anyway, I snapped a few pics today of my closet.

Mostly AE's with some Alden and Carmina thrown in as well
Very nice collection, but those shirts are butt-ugly.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, 11.5B is my size. Looks like they replicated the order too well . . .

Good and Bad News...

My MTOs arrived today. The Walnut Shell Macneil that I ordered in the end of April. Been a while for that. Also, the Green Strandmok that I ordered the end of May. I had been jonesin' for these all day. Then my wife happened to be home when the Fed Ex truck arrived, and the box said 2 pairs of shoes, so she called and seemed a bit bothered that I had 2 more new pairs of shoes. If only she knew the Shell price....

So the Good News... The Walnut Shell Macneil is beautiful. I will post pictures later.

Now the bad News... The Green Strandmok, while a beautiful shoe that appears to be superbly made, not a flaw to be seen, was made in the wrong size. When I ordered it I emailed my rep from AE SWAT, and took some pics off of SF when someone else received the Green Stranmok. I loved the shoe. I emailed my SWAT team person and said I want these in a 12d. She said I know who we made those for, I will replicate the order. Today after over 2 1/2 months, I got an 11 1/2B and not my 12D. I am guessing the size was replicated as well. After waiting 3 1/2 months for my Shell, now I have this issue. I sent her my original email showing that I asked for a 12D, so hopefully she can get me a pair rushed. Now that I have seen the shoe, I really want it. I am trying to not be mad about all the hassles I have gone through for the MTOs... I am obviously disappointed.

I do have to say though the wait was worth it for the Shells. They are beautiful. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a pair of burgundy Sanfords they wanna sell? Size 11.5D

I want a pair so bad but can't find them anywhere.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

We just moved into a new place with a lot more closet space so I finally have all my shoes (well, almost all my shoes) in one place. I've been storing my shoes in the off seasons. Anyway, I snapped a few pics today of my closet.

Mostly AE's with some Alden and Carmina thrown in as well

Great collection and very organized! But isn't it a bit of a chore to get the shoes toward the bottom of the stack out of there? Or do the containers slide out pretty easily?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure where I got the idea from but I like it. I use to keep all my shoes in their boxes and then I lost some of those and I had shoes without a box. I wanted a way for all of my shoes to be organized and protected. It's also worth mentioning that I'm just a tad bit OCD.

I did my wife's shoes the same way.

Mate leather needs to breathe. Storing them in plastic boxes is not a very good idea.

jonesle7

Reaction score
Do you use anything to protect the soles of your Allen Edmonds?

I'm considering using metal toe taps but wanted to ask for advice on what works best from the members of this forum. Other options include topy or plastic and rubber toe-taps and heel caps.

JermynStreet

Reaction score

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Nice ensemble, Close Hoarse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads