1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I had a pair and thought they were beautiful in person, but the last is too narrow for my foot. Congratulations.

But.. the old Lombard had a rubber sole. Did they change them, or are these Players?

AE Lombard on website: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2622C_1_40000000001_-1

Walnut player from Nordstrom (same #2 last): http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-e...men/3170711?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=0

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. sartorialnoob

sartorialnoob Well-Known Member

I thought the Lombards had a rubber sole. I'd be all over them too at that price with a nice sole.

3. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I don't have them handy, but I'm pretty sure my Lombards do have rubber outsoles. The sides of the sole are as pictured above though. Not leather, but finished to resemble wood or something like that. YMMV but these are among the most comfortable shoes I own (10EEE)

4. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

These are Players' Shoes, not Lombards, though they are similar.

5. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Yes - the Lombards have rubber "executive" soles as well

6. BigCheese

BigCheese Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

One more quick question before my interview tomorrow. I am trying to figure out a tie to go with my charcoal suit and the black Fifth Aves. I want to wear a red paisley tie I have that is a deep red, not too loud, and has a very subtle paisley pattern. Do you guys think red is too bold? It is most like the tie on the left.

7. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Yes, red is too bold. Go with something more somber like navy. Maybe even grey.

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Dark red is fine, depends on what color shirt. Sharp contrast between shirt, tie, and suit is very authoritative. Low contrast or tone on tone is softer more sociable. What kind of image do you want of project?

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Red is fine, but I would think twice about a paisley tie. Wear something more conservative, like a solid or repp stripe.

10. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

+1 I've worn charcoal suit, white shirt, dark red tie to many interviews...but no paisley

11. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

As a man who enjoys clothes, and conducts interviews, I would not suggest the paisley tie. I can't say it is a "deal killer", but why give the interviewer something to think about besides you?

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

+1

While this question might be better served in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread, I would say no red.

Red is an emotion inspiring color, love, anger, aggression in general. Things that I do not think should be brought to the table yet. I recognise that it is a popular color tie for lawyers and doctors, but not for an interview. Try something more muted or subtle, if not good luck to you anyways...

13. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

Do you guy find the shoe fit guide to be accurate? Specifically for 5 last shoes? thanks

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm TTS using fit guide on #5 last. I can also go up 1/2 on length and down one on width.

15. rootskier

rootskier Active Member

Can anyone explain my mystery score? Got these shell Sanfords for an absolutely screaming deal. What is up with the label? There is no way shell Sanfords sold for the price indicated on the label. In any case, I paid way less than the seconds price (they are likely seconds, with a very slight discoloration on one side of the vamp, but hardly a deal-breaker at this price).

Does anyone know approximately when these were made? Is the label from an AE store?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. plei89

plei89 Senior member

How much did you pay for them?

17. rootskier

rootskier Active Member

$160. They photograph weird. The color is almost a chocolate brown (like the shell Strands I have seen pictures of here).

18. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Haha... this is great. Was it extra for customizing? If so, how much more?

19. guyfawkes

guyfawkes Member

Guys.. My AE strands arrived today.. When I opened up the box my face went [​IMG]

These look absolutely stunning! I carefully put them on and laced them up. I was so scared to walk around normally in them due to creating a crease up front (which is inevitable), so I was flat footing around smiling like an idiot. Mind you these are my first 'real' pair of dress kicks.. I have been booting around in some stacy adams, but now my feet feel like they are in paradise. I am just adoring these shoes right now, they look so great, I don't know how I am going to man up and walk with them outside.. I just can't bear the thought of wearing these outside or creating creases on these.. help :D

edit: here is a pic I just took. Difficult to capture its actual color, its a bit darker than this.
    [​IMG]

20. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Creases add character to the shoes . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.