Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkane

arkane Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love my walnut McAllisters but there's been a crease developing in the toe region (right shoe only) that's been bothering me.. The shoes fit perfect and I also have McAllisters in merlot that have seen as much wear as the walnuts but do not exhibit creasing in the toe region. I believe I got these from Amazon last year. Would this be considered a defect?

Here is a pic of the merlot McAllisters.

[​IMG]

2. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Hopefully they look better in real life, but from the picture they look like someone set them on fire.

3. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Funny because I have the same two shoes, same colors, and for me they are both the same size and have the same issue as you. Except for me the toe crease is on my merlot pair and the walnut are fine. The only difference in the shoes for me is that the merlot have the combo sole and the walnut are just leather soled. I asked a rep at an AE store and he just gave the expected, "they are hand-made and no two are the same and sometimes that happens" response. I don't love that it's doing that but I've just accepted it at this point.

4. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

+1

I love the merlot color. It's very versatile. I have a pair of merlot McAllister that look great but I know you said you didn't want another pair of those. I also have the burgundy/black Shelton and love the look. The Park Ave merlot is my favorite color in that shoe also (don't own it, just seen in-store). Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Scbrown

Scbrown Senior member

Yes, I would like to acquire a nice case or trunk for storage. However, Since I am a student and that was a photo taken during dorm move out, its not feasible to find a case right now. Trust me I have thought about it. Do you know who makes the second picture you posted?

6. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I am jealous of how much hunting you are able to do. I struggle to do any right now. Someday...

I grinned when you mentioned your experience with heating your boots with mink oil. Saying your boots "never found out about that" being bad is a witty way to put it. There is a lot of stuff going around these days about what is supposedly bad, or things that the leather supposedly needs to stay healthy. If the leather could talk, it would probably tell us how coddling people have become.

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

[​IMG]

8. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

The first voyage of my new Strands, obtained from the Nordstrom sale
    [​IMG]

9. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

My Independence Rush loafers, discontinued though rumored to be returning, recently cleaned / shined with saphir renovateur > AE tan cream > saphir yellow wax:
    [​IMG]

10. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

The bottom photo is a Limbert #359 bookcase made by the Charles P. Limbert Company in Holland, MI, in the years just before the First World War. You can sometimes find them being sold by dealers in American Arts & Crafts furniture or at auctions of American Arts & Crafts furniture.

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Ah yes, these were the shoes I meant. Burgundy, not merlot. Love these. Dying to get them, But I'm up to four pairs this year. My lovely wife won't stand for it (not an unreasonable position.) maybe for Xmas...

12. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    I believe the original photo was from an auction of fine furniture. Go Here and here

But there are thousands of similar items when searching Google in the Images tab using the phrase: Glass Door Cabinet.

Also, Bassett has several types too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  13. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

This is a rather inexpensive option from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09908441/

[​IMG]

14. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

Quote:All my hopes of getting a Dalton made on the 8-678 last have been dashed :(

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.