Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wurger

wurger Senior member

Since the shoes are new, the gaps will close up a bit after a few wears. Other than that, since we don't have your feet, can't comment other than is it comfortable for you?

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

-I'm thinking of picking up some loafers. Can anyone give feedback on how they size on the following? Wondering if I should size down especially on the lasts that are not traditionally made for loafers...
    Westchester (7-97)
    McGraw/Dornoch (4-234)
    Randolph (9-79)

-Anyone have pics of waxed infused leather after some wear? I'm curious how they look

-For the Player's Shoe, is code 9752 walnut or chocolate?

Thanks!

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

[​IMG]

4. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I did the same edge dressing

5. revivaler

revivaler Member

Anyone else considering a custom shoe/boot with the football grain leather? Dalton, Fifth Street, long branch, Mctavish?

6. zchen

zchen Senior member

I actually received my MTO Walnut Shell Bayfields wednesday, but had to send them back because they forgot to install the factory sole saver....

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I'm interested in this too. Never worn loafers, and wondering what the real difference will be between the endless varieties of penny loafers that are in my size (seemingly to the exclusion of all other close out seconds).

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Did you take any pics prior to sending them back?

9. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

There are a handful of shoes that AE could bring back and they'd sell like hotcakes. These are one of them [​IMG]

10. crizq0

crizq0 Member

So I got two pairs of Walnut Strands shipped to my place. I noticed the soles were different on the two pairs (one being brown and the other being pale cream). One of the pairs is from Nordstrom (8.5D) and the other is from AE(8.5E).

Is that common?
    I'm planning on keeping the 8.5E cause it fits perfectly however the insole of the right shoe feels like it has a raised lump that I feel under the middle portion of the ball of my foot and the left is perfect. I remember the sales associate at AE telling me that these shoes have a cork center that would mold to my feet. So can I assume that the lump I am feeling will press down and not be noticeable after wearing it for a few sessions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  11. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I was in an AE brick and mortar store trying on various shoes. I wear 10.5E in most AE last and have an high instep. When I tried on a couple of loafers, they were all tight across the vamp and my feet looked like sausages crammed into a casing.

The SA suggested I need a loafer with low "sidewalks" and a long opening front to back. But, he couldn't think of an AE loafer that would work.

Any suggestions? Another brand perhaps?

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

They look fantastic and yes they are coming along nicely! I consider the Cambridge the flagship of the fleet and they are one of my favorite shoes, very nice job.
    Those are looking great and will just get better over time and with the more work you put into them. Well done.

13. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

First thing I thought of too, now I'm getting anxious to get mine. zchen your a stronger man than I sending what is likely the only pair of walnut shell Bayfield's ever made or will be made back for a couple more weeks [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.