1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWN

MrWN Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks, those are nice too.

2. enjay

enjay Active Member

Get the Clifton if it fits your needs. Probably my favorite shoe, really versatile. I have it in black and am considering getting it in brown as well.

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

Anyone else trying to call in an order and getting a busy tone?

Update: finally got through, order is placed! They told me 3-5 days to ship them

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

Don't leave us hanging, what did you get?

5. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

Walnut Mcgraws on their way. If they check out then will order the chocolate suede to go with.

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

So jealous! j/k [​IMG] Can't wait to see pics and of course fit report! Think there were a few other custom shell Bayfields but haven't seen any pictures of any yet.
    If you don't mind brown and a lightly perf toe blucher there was a Townley brown calf in 10D available yesterday, not sure about other sizes but worth checking into IMO. I have the brown shell Townley and love them, they are on the 1 last. They were listed as current however they were a web only model that went on closeout more than a year ago so I would think you could push that one.

7. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys, I was doing some browsing through the forum and came across these beauties. Anyone out there have the details?

They could seriously be a MTO option sometime soon!

8. Cold Iron

I'm late to the party, hard to stay up with this thread anymore!! I have both the Ashland in #2 shell and the Mitchell in #8 shell. AE hasn't had shell wallets for a few years now so.... I like and carry both wallets. But now that I have had them for awhile if I was stopped on the street by someone with a weapon and told to hand over my wallet the Ashland would go and the Mitchell would stay.

Ashland on left, Mitchell on right. Mitchell is #8 with burgundy CXL lining and contrast stitching.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Cold Iron

WOW!! Can't believe I missed seeing these and also your Fifths. They both look fantastic, can't wait to see your 3rd MTO (maybe the 5th Fifth?)

10. polojock615

polojock615 Senior Member

Already tried. They don't have the leather anymore.

11. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

The 2/250$ AE Seconds Sale I purchased

[​IMG][​IMG]

From 6pm.com w/ the 15% coupon two days ago, I had purchased these because they were the lowest I had ever seen for Firsts...Plus I had been lusting over a pair for 2 years.
    If I love them enough, I may end up putting an order in for Shell Brown, Black, Burgundy.

[​IMG]

It was hard choosing what to purchase from the 2/250$ Sale because I already own about 10+ pairs of AEs...so I felt limited a bit. But I've always wanted a Jermyn and now they are going to be discontinued, it was time to pull that trigger. I own the Brown/Brown mesh Strawfuts at the moment, and really enjoy them for summer shoes. 105+ Temps really allows my foot to breath with that mesh. So I figured it wouldnt hurt to get a black pair to go along with it for some staple summer suit shoes.

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I personally like my Ashland card holder.
    I have a pair of these. Snagged them for $129 almost two years ago.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

13. ww21943

ww21943 Well-Known Member

Hello gents,

I was at Nordstrom today buying shoe trees and I purchased AE shoe polish for my new burnished burgundy Clifton's. The SA recommended "Chili" color polish. What do you all think? Does that work best with these shoes? I posted pictures several post back.

14. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior Member

Merlot

15. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the 2/250 sale is NOT just at the Jeffersonville location, and in fact is being offered by all Allen Edmonds locations. It was just Jeffersonville that mentioned first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.