Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    At $229 or less per pair on sale - you may find the opinions mixed in favor of the calf. Ask any AE manager about the numbers of calf sold opposed to shell. The calf is going to give almost immediate more comfortable fit to most folks, even though shell owners may find the comfort of a new shell for them is almost immediate. But moreover, the leathers are different - and there is no question about how the choice of a comfortable leather will reflect on comfort.

For the care and feeding of calf, just make sure they are maintained regular for that near-new out-of-the-box look.

(My personal opinion, not representative of all views here)

David

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Yes I found that code real quick yesterday right before hitting the order button. I was pleased that it had still worked.

I was going to order the boots regardless of the coupon code working or not, but when it did work, I was rather pleased to be within the 50K code user. Not sure when the code was released, but as of yesterday, I still was able to. I think they labeled it as "back to school" code.

3. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Hitchnpost is the best AE eBay seller.

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I to have purchased from him, but I've also had extremely great experiences and pricing with other AE sellers as well.

5. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

Those are nice man! Enjoy them in good health.

6. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

He already ruled the Walnut out a few posts back, but your thoughts on the comfort and immediacy of such are pure brilliance. I had no idea that choosing a comfortable leather reflected on shoe comfort. Thank you for sharing your well thought out bs. :nodding:

7. Busa

Busa Senior member

I own and love Saddleback stuff, but for a wallet I am a purist and a minimalist. This company makes a no-compromise pure leather wallet with no cardboard, and no nylon or anything other than quality leather in it, and they start at around fifty bucks.

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com

I own the #2 and it is about 1/2" thick unless you stuff crap into it- no chiropractor wallet for me... : )

8. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I was in the middle of buying a pair of Amoks from Jeffersonville when we were informed of the 2 for $250 sale. I ended up kicking the Amoks aside and instead ordered a pair of Malverns in brogue suede and a pair of Elgins in tan. These aren't shoes I would have regularly purchased, but for the price without having to buy them off Ebay I couldn't say no.

Collection will be: Merlot McAllister, Walnut Strand, Brogue Malvern, Tan Elgin, Sandlot Boat Shoes, Ballpark Boat Shoes.

Now I return to my usual wanted list: Neumok in snuff suede (working on it with a Nordstrom manager), Dark Cognac McTavish, Walnut McAllister, Brown or Bourbon Strand.

Edit: The Neumok in Snuff Suede has gone through at the Nordstrom sale price with free shipping to Canada. Thank you very much David!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  9. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

You are not alone. I've been waiting since mid May. I have given up trying to get a response or an update. Mine aren't even shell; I'm sure they'll look great once they arrive but an update would be appreciated.

10. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

You are not alone. I've been waiting since mid May. I have given up trying to get a response or an update. Mine aren't even shell; I'm sure they'll look great once they arrive but an update would be appreciated.

11. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

12. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

13. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

14. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I'm right there with ya

15. delmar

delmar Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.