Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark S

Mark S New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went and tried on a 9.5 D this afternoon and to my surprise it seemed to fit almost perfectly, despite my foot measuring a 10. How is it possible that a 9.5 D feels wider than a 10 D in the sides?

Looks like I am going to have to exchange a couple pairs. I am having a hell of a time getting sized, every store I've been to only carries "D" width.

2. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Someone mentioned in this topic that for a limited time there is FREE SHIPPING to CANADA for Strands at $229. If you can't find the details, let me know.

Also, the standard shoe device may not take into account the exact fitting of your feet to a particular style. I no longer deal with regular sales associates because the store managers seem to have the most experience and can accommodate customers more by over-riding certain polices.

How far are you from a major USA City border?

David

3. David Copeland

Keep a Christmas List of all of the AE Styles you have an interest in, then find out what the "last" size is for each style. Once you know that, then you can order more freely online.

Remember, most of the major department stores who carry AE do not keep all styles and sizes in stock. But they can order from another store for you or have AE drop ship directly to you from their store account using the store discount of up to 33% off the AE style they may advertise.

David

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I brought up the free shipping, but just a heads up that it is $250 CAD.

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The kitchen sink . . .

To answer both at one time, the whole shoe is mushy yes. Of course there is a heel cup which gives it a little bit of structure. The Neumok runs just a little large and the pliability will give way to your foot (mostly). My Neumoks started just a little snug. They are now just a little loose.

I think you'll find them to your liking.

6. poena

poena Senior member

I don't know why but every 8.5D I try on in strands and park aves flare open at the ankle opening.

7. Mark S

Mark S New Member

Thanks David.

I actually bought 2 pairs from the shoe bank, and one pair from the Nordstroms sale which is $229 ($250 CAD) + free shipping.

I am stuck with the Walnut 10 D strands, because I wore them too much and they are noticeably used, however for some reason they seem to fit quite nicely. My black pair of 10 D strands are simply too long and skinny, even compared to the 10 D Walnut strands. It's very strange. Then today I go try on 9.5 D strands and I feel like they fit perfectly, with no side tightness. I am very confused haha.

I called Nordstroms and they are going to try swap the 10 D's for 9.5 D's because they haven't shipped yet. As for the pair I bought from the Shoe bank, I'm going to be out $40 or so shipping them back there. It's my fault for jumping the gun a bit, but I'd rather that than live with shoes that hurt my feet.

I am in Calgary, AB, which is several hours from the boarder. I did learn of one store in the city (O'Connors) that seems to deal in all sizes & widths, but I have zero intention of buying from them so I feel bad going in to knowingly waste their time.

8. David Copeland

When the Canadian Dollar was discounted 25%, my wife and spent 2 weeks at the historic Banff Springs Hotel just west of you - and spent $7500 for $10,000 worth of goods. Now that the dollars are more even, you may wish to spend a few days in Spokane, Washington where Brett is the store manager, and he will order anything in for you in advance of your trip.

Then again, they are opening five (5) new Canadian Stores in a year or so . . . and that will make it easier.

David
    [​IMG]
    (Good book to read)

9. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up David. Was so close to getting the Snuff Suede Neumoks but ran out of my size... great deal though!

10. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

That Long Branch price is only in the Gray [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  11. David Copeland

Yes, the picture I posted was the dark grey style - which looks pretty good.

There is more than one link, Doc, to the other Color for the Long Branch.

The savings on the BROWN is $85.00 OFF:

Click here

[​IMG]

12. wurger

wurger Senior member

Another example of great service from AE.

13. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I have the grey and love them.

14. wurger

wurger Senior member

9.5 D should not be wider than 10 D, it should be narrower, I would suggest try another pair of 9.5 and 10, as there are small variances on how each pairs of shoes made.

15. Mark S

Mark S New Member

I agree with you, however I tried on my pair of 10 D (5 last) Strands which are too long and skinny for me it seems, then went straight to the store and tried on 9.5 D strands (5 last as well) and they fit better with no side tightness. Is it possible my foot sits better in the shoe, further forward, placing more of my foot in the wider portion, making it seem like they are wider? I agree they aren't actually wider, but the side tightness wasn't there.

My other pair of 10 D strands fit well. If anything they are a half size too big, but the side tightness isn't an issue and I have to keep them anyway because I wore them too much.

I have exactly 1" of toe room (end of big toe measured to the end of the cap) in the 10 D strands, but the ball of my foot is across the largest part of the shoe so I think it's OK even though it seems a tad long.

Why is buying shoes so hard? haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.