Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

Wanted to check out some of the new AE shoes posted to the website. Those PTB's with football grain look awesome. Aaaannd the website's down... AGAIN. Is it just me or is their website constantly down....

2. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

I'd go for a dark brown in a 5th Ave or Strand.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

You need a brown blucher and have the wingtips/brogues pretty well covered thus far. I would suggest Delrays due to their versatility.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

While I personally prefer the split shoe trees, this is the minority view. Most posters in this thread prefer the full toe versions. Also, not a fan of the Nordstrom shoe trees. They seem slightly smaller and the cedar smell disappeared much sooner than the AE and Woodlore trees I normally use.

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Thank you bucksfan! At least it is easy enough to get a replacement coffee cup made from MilArt, but it does take about as long to have a pair of shell shoes made and delivered from AE :)

As always you can take sevenfoldtieguy word to the bank. When Kristle at Jeffersonville ordered my MTO shell Leeds she arranged to have AE include a free pair of shoe trees. They came from the factory with the full toe trees inserted in the shoes. Although like BootSpell most of mine are the Epic twin tube which is my preference. When at the upper end of the shoe tree size like I am I feel they add more tension than the others. Paul, the CEO of AE has stated that shoe trees are important to help prevent bowing and I feel the Epic provides the best tension along the top line, at least for my size. And I like the increased vamp height in most cases.

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

In my email communication with the Jeffersonville outlet they said the RL Sanderson is a close out. I guess they aren't making this style anymore? If I can get my hands on a pair can someone suggest sizing. I'm a 7.5E on the 5 last. If not the Sanderson, recommendations for a walnut wingtip with open lacing?

7. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

8. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

What color Park avenue is closest to this?

[​IMG]

9. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

Dark brown burnished.

10. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I went the same size on the Sandersons as my other 5 last shoes, although I do find the Sandersons to be just a bit tighter. At least for me though, I don't think a larger or wider size would have been better. As alternatives you could get the Larchmont. If they are still doing the Style Forum MTO's you could get a walnut Williams or MacNeil. Finally, at the risk of getting flamed for pushing Nordtroms, the walnut Player is an option if you can find your size. Looks like limited sizes left at Nordstroms but maybe you can find a second at the outlets.

11. NeedAnM3

NeedAnM3 Member

I saw the Strand in Bourbon that looked very close to this. I think AE dark brown is quite a bit darker....

12. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

I recently bought two pair of Woodlore split toe cedar shoes trees at Nordstrom Rack for $12.90 per pair. The shoe trees were "seconds", but I couldn't see anything wrong with them.

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Too many people looking at shoes.

14. rc121

rc121 Senior member

the shoe he posted was pretty dark, definitely closer to burnished brown

15. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

So I did indeed pass on the burgundy shell Cambridge, instead I chose to complement my newly acquired merlot McAllisters with merlot Park Avenues.

Thanks to David Copeland I was able to acquire them as well as Well as a Manistee belt in merlot at the Nordstrom anniversary sale price saving me over $150!

Thanks David and Brett at Nordstrom!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.