• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc121

Reaction score

Or get it in bourbon.
My plan was to get this as a more formal shoe since I don't really have anything that qualifies right now. Adding the navy polish was just to give it a little color and appease my qualms about wearing black shoes

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Opportunity to get a sweet deal (less than $100) on a slightly used pair of Rutledges. They are 8.5D. I wear 8.5D in the 8 last and 8E in the 5 last. Do you guys think these will work? Even if I have to go tongue pad and insert, it may be worth it given the price.

Last edited:

tietherope

Reaction score
Opportunity to get a sweet deal (less than $100) on a slightly used pair of Rutledges. They are 8.5D. I wear 8.5D in the 8 last and 8E in the 5 last. Do you guys think these will work? Even if I have to go tongue pad and insert, it may be worth it given the price.
Given the price it seems that you could sell them for at least that much if it doesn't work out? If so, worth a shot.

shartmann

Reaction score
I was just checking out the new Strand and noticed it is a $50 upcharge to get the combination sole. Is this new?
I believe they have always charged extra for this, although I think it was cheaper last year. They do have a smaller selection, including the walnut Strand as a current option, where you can order with the combination sole for no extra charge.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, it was nice while it lasted... 3:10PM EST 1st David Nordstrom post of the day

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confirmed. Shell patriots on the way!
Great move! I picked up both the brown and burgundy Patriot's from Jeffersonville during the last 20% off sale for $360 each, no tax in Mn. on shoes. I wear my brown ones everyday around the house and yard, they haven't sat still long enough to every have seen shoe trees.

My coffee cup is an 11 oz.custom crested Military Art ceramic mug from the USS America that is 24 years old. 5 years ago it cracked into about 6 large pieces so I glued it together and have been using it every day since. Monday morning went through the garage to work with the dog at 5 AM and felt something strange, looked down and the cup was falling apart in what seemed to be slow motion from my hand with just the handle staying behind. It hit the cement floor and shattered into hundreds of pieces soaking me from my knees to my brown shell Patriots. Last night I finally got some time to clean them, spent about 15 minutes with Reno, damp rag, brush and microfiber buffing cloth. Just another reason to love shell. And what is left of my coffee cup:

David Copeland

Reaction score
Which would be considered more casual, black Sanford or black Strand? Blucher vs. Balmoral?
The latest Sanford does not have the original number of laceups as the 1999 version did

Here is a photo of the original 1999 version:

More laceups, in my opinion, is a much better style.

That said, the Strand would look better because it has more laceups.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my coupon and there is indeed a code.
I put my glasses on to look at it this time and you are correct
cheers.gif

There is also a customer ID number so must be this time they are restricting it.

David Copeland

Reaction score
. . . a good question to avoid a wasted purchase due to the tendency of new posters to think they need to wear black shoes when other colors may be more appropriate.

To Newcomers:

Black is very appropriate for business dress at an office. Black would be included in any long term AE collection.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the shipping gets it up to around $14.

I chose to go at another store with free shipping at $14.90 with the split toe instead of the solid toe:

David: have you received any compensation, discounts or free services from Nordstrom in exchange for a promise to spam this thread with constant posts telling people to buy things at Nordstrom, instead of Company X?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Newcomers:

Black is very appropriate for business dress at an office. Black would be included in any long term AE collection.

Yes, David, but it's not the only choice, which was the point of my post. A point that you seem to have missed in your haste to spam this thread for Nordstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads