Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

2. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I don't think mentioning the coupon is enough, I think there might be a code attached to the coupon. Kristle from J'Ville should be able to answer those specific questions. She's the manager and great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Great picture, I really like all three. That Carmina is extremely striking though.

4. woodywoodford

woodywoodford Well-Known Member

Those carmina's are just beautiful

5. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Is the 2nds inventory list from shoebank the same as the jeffersonville? if not, how does one acquire the inventory list from jeffersonville?

6. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Yes it is the same. They are pulling the inventory company wife. If you want an inventory list from Jeffersonville, which would be the exact same as shoebank, just email [email protected] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

2nds can also be found at Nordstrom's. :)

Seriously though, just email them and they'll send you a list. Jeffersonville shop has always been the quickest to reply.

8. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

9. noinimod

noinimod Active Member

Fellow AE gents, can I have your opinion on some sizing issues please?

Using the AE measurement guide, i measure as a 7.5D. But almost extending outside the D width line.

My Clifton (8D) on the 8-last is definitely too long and i could go down to 7.5D. The 8 last has a generous volume.

My Franciscan (7.5D) on the 3-333 last feels perfect, length-wise, but there is slight pressure on my width and i think 7.5E would have fit me better.

With all that in mind, for the 5 last, i'm thinking of getting a 7.5E. Quite concerned that 7.5D would be to narrow.

Your thoughts?

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

deleted

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  11. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Which shell cordovans are most popular in the AE lineup?

12. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Noinimod, I am in the same exact boat as you, sizing and all. Get the 7.5 E.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  13. zchen

zchen Senior member

Navy Suede Strandmoks or spiaggia? any opinions guys?

14. Upward

Upward Senior member

I have no axe to grind with Nordstrom. I spent a lot of money at Nordstrom and racked up $20 Nordie notes every month for many years. There was no better way to spend a weekday than shopping at Nordstrom followed by Chinese Chicken Salad at the Nordie Cafe and Nordstrom coffee.

At the same time if you can't see the business plan at Nordstrom has changed then you're blind or delusional. They channged from a store that focused on service to a store that is now focused on foot trafic. Nordstrom went the way of Marshall Fields just before they changed to Macy's.

I like Allen Edmonds and so far they have offered great service I recieved at Nordstrom in the past.

I also like Bruno Magli, Santoni and Gucci. I am not going to kiss any brands rear but I will speak the truth about my experiences.

Yes, there was a time when Nordstrom would bend over backwards to make a cutomer happy. Those days are gone. Sales associates that have been there many years may try to keep the old way going but the new hires are not service focused and managers don't help sales associates.

As for Nordstrom selling seconds I find it interesting you quote CEO's and dismiss what people who PURCHASED the shoes say. Maybe they're not seconds but they should have been. Quality control was low duing the sale and many shoes were sold at Nordstom that were flawed. Like I said, a manager at AE said they had many problems during the sale. But they did stand behind their shoes. I'll post pictures of all my AE shoes when I pick the last ones up.

15. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Based on what you have here, I think 7.5E is the way to go. The 5 last is narrow. The 3 last is noticeably wider, so if your Franciscans are a bit tight, definitely size up width wise for anything on the 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.