• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tietherope

Reaction score

I have a pair of McTavish and they run a bit larger than all of my other AEs.  

Some people sized down for the McTavish

I sized down from 9.5d on Park Avenue to a 9d McTavish. The 9.5d McTavish felt like really big.

Just to echo all of the above, I don't own the McTavish but I researched it for hours on end last week and found that sizing down is the way to go almost every time.

As the original comment was on the fit of the Neumok, is everyone saying that the McTavish and Neumok fit the same?

Subutai

Reaction score
Just to echo all of the above, I don't own the McTavish but I researched it for hours on end last week and found that sizing down is the way to go almost every time.

As the original comment was on the fit of the Neumok, is everyone saying that the McTavish and Neumok fit the same?

Ah, so my memory was actually quite wrong.

Nah, they're not the same. I think OptoDoc mistakenly thought the Neumok's ran big. I merely suggested he may have been thinking of the McTavish.

My experience is that the McTavish runs big and the Neumok actually runs a bit small width wise.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I sized down from 9.5d on Park Avenue to a 9d McTavish. The 9.5d McTavish felt like really big.

I have a pair of McTavish and they run a bit larger than all of my other AEs.

Some people sized down for the McTavish

A like many of the posters here, I went to the local Allen Edmonds shop and tried on several pairs. I sized down from my normal 10.5C to 9.5D, although I probably should have done a 10D. Definitely recommend sizing down if going to a shop is not an option available to you. Best of luck and enjoy them, they are definitely a beautiful and unique shoe.

-Mike

zchen

Reaction score
Beginning to feel like I am never going to get my MTO Bayfields...

I just received call today, my walnut shell Bayfields are ready.
smile.gif

gtvisa2002

Reaction score
Someone asked this couple of days. But I don't remember seeing the answer. Could anyone please comment on this.
Will AE price match Walnut Strand with combination tap sole ? (The Nordstrom sale has Walnut Strand with regular sole)

Thanks

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone asked this couple of days. But I don't remember seeing the answer. Could anyone please comment on this. Will AE price match Walnut Strand with combination tap sole ? (The Nordstrom sale has Walnut Strand with regular sole) Thanks
There is no official price match policy, so it is hard to say. Give it a shot. The worst they can say is no. You can always buy the regular version and add a topy. Should run about $35.

David Copeland

Reaction score

Beautiful boots! But I don't see any glow...
Soft Glow - the boots straight out of the box, like most AE shoes, have a matte shine. Although the outdoor light of the photo is pouring more harsh sunlight onto the boots, they are a better shine than how they came.

Same photo date, but different angle.

Long Branch Boots: Reg $350, got price match from Nordstrom when AE had them at $246.00

David Copeland

Reaction score
Which local Nordstrom store gave you the card for the free professional shoe shine? The Nordstrom web site doesn't show any Nordstrom stores in Montana.
Spokane, Washington. The free shine was provided to me by the manager, Brett.

Dnslater

Reaction score
They are sweet! My experience is that you should size up 1/2 a size.
This shoe is on the 5-65 last which is long and narrow. I have a pair in size 10D, which is my normal AE size. These are definitely longer. I have had Kenilworth and Fairfax AE's in 10D and they fit snuggly and perfectly. The lack of a lining seems to be what makes them a bit roomier. They are ok in width, but the unlined leather seems stretchy. Very light and comfortable. I probably could have safely went 1/2 size down with 9.5D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads